Husky 572 XP Clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T
I have seen worse , if it were me , would do some cleaning , replace the melted plastic piece , and run it... it's a husqvarna it's fine . heated version i have the same saw , maybe run it for a bit and have the dealer plug it in and see how she's running ..
Thanks! The dealer said it was fine too thank goodness!

What does the worm gear look like? Does the drum turn freely and produce oil at the outlet when you spin it?

AutoTune was mentioned because the heat could have been severe enough to damage the seal, which would cause an air leak.
Hi, thanks for the reply! I took it to my dealer and he said in less than 20 secs there is nothing wrong with it, i just burnt the brake cover. More info is further down my thread

OK took it to the dealer and he said its absolutely fine
He said i could just sand off the burnt pieces of the burnt cover but i ordered a new one anyway for £8. Much better than what i was expecting!
He explained how the clutch would have been over powered with extended periods of throttle on the chain brake being such a powerful chainsaw and that's why i got higher revs than normal. He also said most of the smoke i saw probably came from some bar oil being burnt off with the clutch heating up and the plastic burning.
That i am a naughty boy and never to do it again
Very grateful they were so honest as they could have taken me to the cleaners!
perfect ...............had the saw been a stihl most likely a complete rebuild would be required lol.....;) :popcorn2:

So they removed clutch, worm gear and oil pump?
Nope he was fairly adament it was fine... As he was obviously the greasy chainsaw mechanic i trusted his advice.. Im sure if there was a hint of something wrong, they would have wanted my money ..

Back