husky kicks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So 2 people that have not run the 440 say no problem:monkey: The neighbor didn't have any 372s, never heard of them. He did have a weak 385 though:( Guess I will find out some day....:chainsaw:

From what I have had my hands on I will agree that the 372 is better "out-of-the-box" than the 044/440!!!

However..............

I have run a few 044's that were better than other 044/440's..............pretty close to a 372 if memory serves!!!

I am getting more and more time on my 441. While it may be heavier than a 372/440 it is a good replacement for the 044/440...........much better than husky's attempt with the 575!!!

Last edited:
Same ol bunch out there slamin Husky. I seem to have pretty good luck with them but I just race saws, I don't work with them, so what do I know.

I offered my brother to race my ported 2100 race saw for pinks against any Stihl in his shop (yes, they have 660's and 880's). All I can get out of him is a HE!! NO. It's not the fastest saw in these parts either, that would be my father in laws ported 3120.

I still don't have a problem with Stihl saws, just you cheer leaders talking out of your @$$.:deadhorse:

Same ol bunch out there slamin Husky. I seem to have pretty good luck with them but I just race saws, I don't work with them, so what do I know.

I offered my brother to race my ported 2100 race saw for pinks against any Stihl in his shop (yes, they have 660's and 880's). All I can get out of him is a HE!! NO. It's not the fastest saw in these parts either, that would be my father in laws ported 3120.

I still don't have a problem with Stihl saws, just you cheer leaders talking out of your @$$.:deadhorse:

I'm not slammin Husky by no means and if I do it is in good humor:laugh: I don't know where your race saws come in here but go ahead, I'll listen:buttkick:

If you consider me a cheer leader then call the others who have not run the 440 that also. Otherwise I will continue to talk out of me azz, they are just opinions sheeesh:taped:

I briefly ran a 441 in oak wood and it's a much smoother saw than a 440 or 660. The 575 is just as good if not better than a 441.
3120_OAK_02.jpg

Just have to play the advocate. I wouldn't want the new folks to think that Husqvarna doesn't build a great saw (and they do). The race saw thing is just what I do, cant comment on an honest days work (you couldn't get that out of me any way:dizzy: )

Just have to play the advocate. I wouldn't want the new folks to think that Husqvarna doesn't build a great saw (and they do). The race saw thing is just what I do, cant comment on an honest days work (you couldn't get that out of me any way:dizzy: )

Advocate? LOL there are many Husky lovers in this thread to beat me over the head:notrolls2:

Anyone that has surfed this site knows that almost or all the XPs are great saws. I do but don't have a reason to buy one:hmm3grin2orange:

btw anyone ever said you look like Keith Urban?:biggrinbounce2:

Rich, with all due respect how much time do you have on a 575 or the 441 for that matter? I have put a limited amount of time on both and to be honest the only reason the 441 has a leg up is because it doesnt have a rev limiter. From a performance standpoint they feel pretty close.
I have owned two 440's, ran one other and have owned 4 372's. The 372's where always faster BTW.

Rich, with all due respect how much time do you have on a 575 or the 441 for that matter? I have put a limited amount of time on both and to be honest the only reason the 441 has a leg up is because it doesnt have a rev limiter. From a performance standpoint they feel pretty close.
I have owned two 440's, ran one other and have owned 4 372's. The 372's where always faster BTW.

From what I have had my hands on I will agree that the 372 is better "out-of-the-box" than the 044/440!!!

However..............

I have run a few 044's that were better than other 044/440's..............pretty close to a 372 if memory serves!!!

I am getting more and more time on my 441. While it may be heavier than a 372/440 it is a good replacement for the 044/440...........much better than husky's attempt with the 575!!!

The only 575 that I ran was Russ's modded 575............and even then is wasn't all that great. Besides you know as well as I that the 575 has gotten pretty chitty reviews.

As for the 441.............I own 2...........one is in dry dock...........I have enough time on it to know that it may not be a 372................but it ain't far enough to say that a 372 will smoke it.

All things considered...............stock for stock..............there are differences amoung saw models...................but it sure isn't like comparing a stock saw to a modded saw!!!

Last edited:
The only 575 that I ran was Russ's modded 575............and even then is wasn't all that great. Besides you know as well as I that the 575 has gotten pretty chitty reviews.
For a variety of reasons I dont believe a fair comparison can be had by running a saw at a GTG for a few cookie cuts. Let alone one that has been modified. As for reviews...Most of the "reviews" I have seen are based on speculation rather than trigger time. I am not saying I love the 575, because I dont. I also wouldnt say the 441 is a markedly better saw than the 575 because to me they are pretty dang close after actually cutting real wood with both. Fact of the matter is I would side step both while the 372/2171 and maybe the 7900 is are available. I dont need a slightly heavier, slightly slower 70cc saw!
As for the 441.............I own 2...........one is in dry dock...........I have enough time on it to know that it may not be a 372................but it ain't far enough to say that a 372 will smoke it.
I have ran both also and now for certain that in real wood a 372 will cut faster than a 372. You might call this smoking it, you might not, but the fact of the matter is the 372 is faster.
All things considered...............stock for stock..............there are differences amoung saw models...................but it sure isn't like comparing a stock saw to a modded saw!!!
modded saw really have o place in this conversation, but since you brought it up. I can saw with clarity that when comparing my old 260 fixed jet to my 346 when stock that the 346 was much faster than the 346 vs 346 with porting. I would think the same would apply to a 357 vs 036, or husky or stihl vs. a Echo etc.

For a variety of reasons I dont believe a fair comparison can be had by running a saw at a GTG for a few cookie cuts. Let alone one that has been modified. As for reviews...Most of the "reviews" I have seen are based on speculation rather than trigger time. I am not saying I love the 575, because I dont. I also wouldnt say the 441 is a markedly better saw than the 575 because to me they are pretty dang close after actually cutting real wood with both. Fact of the matter is I would side step both while the 372/2171 and maybe the 7900 is are available. I dont need a slightly heavier, slightly slower 70cc saw!

I have ran both also and now for certain that in real wood a 372 will cut faster than a 372. You might call this smoking it, you might not, but the fact of the matter is the 372 is faster.

modded saw really have o place in this conversation, but since you brought it up. I can saw with clarity that when comparing my old 260 fixed jet to my 346 when stock that the 346 was much faster than the 346 vs 346 with porting. I would think the same would apply to a 357 vs 036, or husky or stihl vs. a Echo etc.

For a variety of reasons you have your opinion and I have mine.......................;)

Last edited:
It has been real busy the last week and have not had as much surf time
been keeping 372 hot and working twelve hour days just thought I would
get on before go to work and say Husky still kicks :laugh:

Back