husky kicks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really THAT nice

See guys, here is a nice Husky owner. You all need to take a few of his sessions:biggrinbounce2: It's been awhile since I've have gone that way. Ever hear of any GTGs near us?

No GTGs, but they have a little comp near here not long ago. BTW, what's Hallarized? You got your saw ready for winter already?

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: What I refer to, is the fact that most chainsaw World Championchips (and most sub-stages) have been won by people using the 372 (in some cases 371/2071/2171) for quite some time now. The only stage that was won with a Stihl in the last one was the "chain change" one (MS460, and quite understandable)........:laugh: :laugh:

In 1987, 89 and 91 it was the Jred 670 Super, that was renamed "Champ".

Really, how come I've never seen this World Cup Championship on ESPN? Where is this event held?? I'd like to see it, sounds like fun.

Back on topic about speed though and who does what I find it quite amuzing and I'll tell you why. Arborist came in today. Dropped off 3-200T's, a old 026, and a old 036. Hoss was there so he can vouch for me. The saws look like they had been to hell and back and all are still running. All the guy wanted was to have them cleaned up. No muffler mods on these saws or anything, pure stock. This man has his own tree service company, loads of Stihls and makes a good living. I can't understand why he could care less about speed more about reliability. This non-sense of well a so and so saw cuts faster than another saw means squat, especailly when were talking inches. The proof is in the field. Most saw users in the big picture rarely mod their saws and most want one single thing, a saw that will hold up, the rest does not matter. Sawtroll is your 372 muffler modded? I got a slew of Stihls, all stock and all saw plenty fast for me.

THE CHAMP again

Really, how come I've never seen this World Cup Championship on ESPN? Where is this event held?? I'd like to see it, sounds like fun.

Back on topic about speed though and who does what I find it quite amuzing and I'll tell you why. Arborist came in today. Dropped off 3-200T's, a old 026, and a old 036. Hoss was there so he can vouch for me. The saws look like they had been to hell and back and all are still running. All the guy wanted was to have them cleaned up. No muffler mods on these saws or anything, pure stock. This man has his own tree service company, loads of Stihls and makes a good living. I can't understand why he could care less about speed more about reliability. This non-sense of well a so and so saw cuts faster than another saw means squat, especailly when were talking inches. The proof is in the field. Most saw users in the big picture rarely mod their saws and most want one single thing, a saw that will hold up, the rest does not matter. Sawtroll is your 372 muffler modded? I got a slew of Stihls, all stock and all saw plenty fast for me.

CHAMP,

You're back man.

Jack

Oh, and SawTroll, if you get over here, bring your Raket 621 and we'll run it against my 029. No matter how long it takes you to get here, it'll be running.

Dr. Jack

I am pretty sure that 1970 vintage saw would have beat an 029, unless the wood is really small - it actually perfoms really well, with a 3/8x8 (was standard on it), and 73LP chain........:chainsawguy:

You haters better have shut your mouth now.:taped::jester: Anyone want to send me a 372 to run my against 440? I'll pay shipping..........

I don't think your 440 is all stock. If it is, and it may well be, its the fastest cutting 440 I've ever seen and I've seen plenty.

I think? Let's see!

I am pretty sure that 1970 vintage saw would have beat an 029, unless the wood is really small - it actually perfoms really well, with a 3/8x8 (was standard on it), and 73LP chain........:chainsawguy:

I think it would be fun to really find out, throw the I thinks and my specs out the window and replace them with I know and I saw.

At your service,

Dr. Jack

None of my saws are muffler modded, but some probably are not quite as restricted as the US versions - I am quite happy with them as they are - the 361 "should" have been (as an option), but that's another story.......

Last edited:
I think it would be fun to really find out, throw the I thinks and my specs out the window and replace them with I know and I saw.

At your service,

Dr. Jack

According to hp specs the ol' Jreds should loose the battle, but I believe its fabulous torque (for a 56cc engine) would change that in reasonably large wood.....

...just speculation and fun, anyway.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
None of my saws are muffler modded, but some probably are not quite as restricted as the US versions - I am quite happy with them as they are - the 361 "should" have been (as an option), but that's another story.......

I'm like you SawTroll, I'm quite happy with all my stock saws. I'm not out to prove anything about speed. As long those saws run good, cut good I'm satisfied just like 99.999999999999999999 % of the rest of the world. High five ole boy, we been agreeing too much lately, hmmmmmmm, you ok Sawtroll,LOL

This one I agree with!!!

It is all in what you want.............me I want all I can get...............that why every saw that I currently run (not the ones that are stored) have at least a muffler mod!!!

See how much shipping is to 28352....I'm not going to pay $100 just to prove someone wrong....:deadhorse:

If your gonna do it video is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna see new chains on both. If you by mistake put his on backwards don't worry about it, the show must go on,LOLOL

If your gonna do it video is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna see new chains on both. If you by mistake put his on backwards don't worry about it, the show must go on,LOLOL

Tommie,

I'm disappointed. Turn off Demi, put down the remote, and look at your signature line.

MORAL FIBER, GOTS TO GET IT BACK

Dr. Jack

I am sorry man but husky still kicks I would part with my wife before my two 372s, well not really but you get the point. I have one work modded and one stock and I don't care if it is the fastest thing since sliced bread it is like new and lasted under me in my tree biz 4 years and counting !I use a saw hard and daily if they last for me they will for anyone. The other saw I got due to a.s. and decided
a mod would be cool it kicks also but don't know its age.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back