Freehand

YourPasswordIsInvalid
Husky stihl kicks:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Just givin' Rope something to do......

You know,when he's through gathering tires.......:deadhorse::yourock:

billmartin

billmartin

ArboristSite Operative
Back to huskys :dizzy: My new to me 262xp should be here in a matter of hours!!! Come on George(ups driver). I'm very ready to see what the hype is all about. Of course I won't be able to get any play time in till sunday:cry:

Billy Jack

Billy Jack

ArboristSite Guru
I prefer my Huskys (and my Sachs-Dolmar) to the two Stihls I previously owned. The Stihls were (I think) a 024(?)Wood Boss, and a 038. Both cut great when they would run correctly, but I had constant carburetor problems with both of them. They would run fine, then when they were warm, they would lose all the guts they started with. Both were checked out by a very competent Stihl mechanic, several times. The 038 was the better of the two, as the 024(?) Wood Boss was a tempermental little cuss!

At the same time I owned those two, I had a Husqvarna 50 Special (later stolen). The "fifty" was an absolute joy compared to the two Stihls. It would start easy, run consistent, and run a 20" bar with reasonable speed. In the defense of the two Stihls, they were used and the fifty was purchased new, but I dumped money into both of them for new filters, lines, plugs, carb kits, and in the WB case, a new carburetor. It could be I just had two Stihl lemons, but they still didn't make good lemonade.

Running "correctly", I thought that comparable displacement Huskys and Stihls were so close in performance that it was a tie, however I have always preferred the Husky's air induction system (overall) as superior.

Freehand

Freehand

YourPasswordIsInvalid
262's are the cat's meow.....I had the privilege of running one for a couple of years as my main saw.....possibly one of the best firewood saws of all time.Congrats.:cheers:

Buffhunter

Buffhunter

ArboristSite Operative
That 262 should be a great saw. Im getting my 3rd husky today a simonized 372xp to go along with my simonized 385xp and my 357xp. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!