Husqavarna 12" timber tongs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper_Pete

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
back in December I had posted about a different product the timber tuff products Timber claw, it was , ok but not great it had it's short comings. especially sensitive to the length of the rounds the timber claw liking the long side of 16 and I am cutting mostly on the short side of 16

at that time some of you directed me to the Husqavarna 12" Timber Tongs . I have't really had much time to try them out a lot , spent all of my cutting time in January working along side the tractor and falling trees and getting them on the pile.

I got out for a bit this morning , work had asked me to cover for our late shift tech who is on vacation. so cutting opportunity to fill the shed back up.

also an opportunity to fill the truck with the Husqavarna Timer tongs , I had used them some at the splitter and they were good there also.

when the timber tongs came they did seem a little sticky in the joints a spray down with Hornady one shot dry lube took care of that they are butter smooth now , it is also a very good anti corrosion treatment a good idea with these getting set down in the snow at the splitter and in the back of the truck.

I liked them so much I am ordering a second pair , I actually figured out how to throw wood with them tossing the smaller rounds to the front of the truck.

a second pair should balance me out and fill the truck even more efficiently.

I decided if you can't lift it with the 12 inch tongs you should probably give thought to Henria surgery before thinking about another way to move that round that doesn't involve cutting it down or using a machine.

thank you for letting me know about the Husqavarna tongs.

Love mine. Got the 12inch and 8.
28b30fbcdfad846668a13acbe1a92d17.jpg
4016973096a611be0c6739d0fa0bea53.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

the second pair came earlier this week , yesterday I got some time to unload a truck load worth of wood and split it . working with 2 unloading the truck was fast.

everything is still covered in snow even if some of it melted . unloaded the truck and still had dry hands. even if I didn't by the time I was done splitting .

a lot less bending over .

and the ability to grab 2 rounds at a time that I wouldn't be able to grab unless they had a small limb sticking out in the past.

some times on larger rounds with ice crusted bark it didn't want to grab but rolling a round over to the non iced side most of the time was good to grab

large rounds that were heavy but still lift-able sans hernia surgery grabbing with 2 timber claws worked well.

glad to have it all split before the rain came over night , 31 and steady rain , no work will be getting done today and it is likely going to be a mess tomorrow also.

but working with 2 tongs is good.

now I just need to make a more convenient place to put them at the splitter , I am thinking about mounting a bucket near the valve so that as my hand goes to the lever the tongs go in and when I am ready to grab the next round it is handy to grab.

Ditto on having 2-12" tongs. Easier on the back and hands, and way more efficient in picking rounds off the ground. And if you watch what you are doing you can pick up several of the smaller rounds at one time, though often it is faster just to pick the little ones up by hand. But on bigger chunks the tongs really shine. . W. Jones

Latest posts

Back