• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husquarna 550 xp - 545 - vs Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim can like about any saw given the situation. An 026 is still my all time favorite handling limbing saw, just wish they were smoother and made more power. Pretty much any saw from any manufacturer has it's ups and downs given the user and situation. I still haven't found the perfect one...
At least they have a little angle on the top handle, seems they are starting to get it right these days :D.
Coles 026 that doc did is a beast, pulls a 20 like a dream:chainsaw:.

I personally own both right now.2016 545 little modified.and a 5105H.if want snappy high rpms and less weight then the 545.5105 is smoother and quieter but more torq and a little heavier,more bulky.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
:laughing:
We must have posted at the same time.
I think once you get over the weight difference and get the dolmar broke in it will have a good bit more power.
We need to get the 550mk2 and do some comparisons now.
Still, for the price of a 5105 I think they are a heck of a deal, just not my preference. If I was in a different situation I would certainly take a 5105 over an ms291 or a 455.

Well my 1st saw was a Pioneer P-20 50 cc old-school screamer when I was 15 . Then I added a Pioneer 11:60 a 63 cc another old school workhorse @ 20 yrs young. They ran 16" and 20" with 404 semi chizel tooth chain . In my late 40,s I picked up a MS-360 & MS-660 combination . Have always ran two saws for my farming and wood cutting needs , 40-50 hardwood cords back in the day . I bought a Echo Timber wolf 3 yrs ago , Not bad for a offshore product , but more like 455 rancher or Stihl Farm Boss , which I sold to my brother . My current saw list is the aforementioned 2014 346 xp & 2017 576 xp. Anyhow guys , thanks again for your time and patience in this matter , probably should have posted this in Arborist 101 Sorry Moderator,s !

Well my 1st saw was a Pioneer P-20 50 cc old-school screamer when I was 15 . Then I added a Pioneer 11:60 a 63 cc another old school workhorse @ 20 yrs young. They ran 16" and 20" with 404 semi cheek tooth chain . In my late 40,s I picked a MS-360 & MS-660 combination . Have always ran to saws for my farming and wood cutting needs 40-50 hardwood cords back in the day . I bought a Echo Timber wolf 3 yrs ago , Not bad for a offshore product , but more like 455 rancher or Stihl Farm Boss , which I sold to my brother . Anyhow guys , thanks again for your time and patience in my his matter !
Interesting you put the 590 into that category, simple muffler mod and they shoot high above a farm ranch saw.

:laughing:
We must have posted at the same time.
I think once you get over the weight difference and get the dolmar broke in it will have a good bit more power.
We need to get the 550mk2 and do some comparisons now.
Still, for the price of a 5105 I think they are a heck of a deal, just not my preference. If I was in a different situation I would certainly take a 5105 over an ms291 or a 455.
I'm up for that.lol and the 5105 is definitely better built then a 291,455 for darn sure.there actually very simple design and well built.easy to work on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Brett ,
Loved the bone stock Echo as a quick fix prior to purchasing the 576 xp for firewood felling & bucking Canadian Hard Rock Maple & Oak primarily . However did not appreciate some of the Echo dealer / warranty hype , much like Stihl during their proprietary parts days Bud !

Brett , loved the Echo as a quick fix prior to purchasing the 572 xp for firewood felling & bucking Canadian Hard Rock Maple & Oak primarily . However did not appreciate some of the Echo dealer / warranty hype , much like Stihl during their proprietary parts days Bud !
I still think the 590 is well above a rancher, but obviously it can't compete with the 572 o_O.
I get that. I'm not much into dealers at all. That being said...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 4.43.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 4.43.09 PM.png
    850.8 KB · Views: 22
Back