Husqvana 365 over heating

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brookbee

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello I inherited a husqvana 365 chainsaw When I bought my house recently.
It was hard to start up but I got it running. After about 10 minutes the casing over the choke became very hot and began to smoke so I turned it off.
It now won’t turn over at all with the pull cord and appears to be seized. Do you think that the cylinder has overheated and seized or whether it is just the clutch? I’ll have to do my best to dismantle it or take it to a dealer. Any advice or comments welcome. Thank you

I wondered if that caused the clutch to overheat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you. So I guess the clutch has seized and hopefully not the cylinder. I’ll take the clutch off and see if the engine turns over

I have been away so was unable to look at the saw until this week. The gear wheel on the oil pump had melted and disintegrated jamming the saw. I have stripped it all down And I am awaiting new parts. Once I have re-assembled the saw I need to adjust the idling speed Has the chain was turning on idle.
I found it very interesting to problem solve and hopefully will get the saw back in working order soon. Thank you for the advice offered on this forum.

You need to vacuum check your saw. May have taken seal out also.

Thank you Duce. I am not sure how to do this. Are you able to give me a brief description? If not I am sure utube will have something about it.

Thank you Duce. I am not sure how to do this. Are you able to give me a brief description? If not I am sure utube will have something about it.

Pull muffler, make a blocking gasket or use duct tape to close off exhaust. Reinstall muffler to seal exhaust closed. Remove carb, you can make gasket and blocking plate or use duct tape and your thumb to close off intake. Make sure compression release is closed or plugged. Pull vacuum from impulse line, should hold steady 7 psi of vacuum.

Latest posts

Back