husqvarna 136 carb settings?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acornhill

enough said
Reaction score
i have a customers little 136 and need to know the carb settings? idle high and low? i tried 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 but she will not stay running. i am going to check the carb to manifold and fuel filter as well.

It really should at least run or start with those settings. Maybe something else is going on? What was it brought in for? What's it doing now?

It really should at least run or start with those settings. Maybe something else is going on? What was it brought in for? What's it doing now?

it will start on choke and idle, once i turn the idle off it revs up real high and dies. i am thinking it is sucking air. it was brought in for a bad coil. (which for starters turned out to be a broken fuel line ). i replaced the fuel line and cleaned the filter. it started and ran for a few minutes, i went to set/adjust the carb and hust can't get it to idle down and run.

it will start on choke and idle, once i turn the idle off it revs up real high and dies. i am thinking it is sucking air. it was brought in for a bad coil. (which for starters turned out to be a broken fuel line ). i replaced the fuel line and cleaned the filter. it started and ran for a few minutes, i went to set/adjust the carb and hust can't get it to idle down and run.

anyone have someting to try? any input for this? i messed with the saw again today and can't figure it out. it starts on choke and idles, i turn the choke off and it goes to wide open throttle and then dies. it does this ove r and over. i can keep it running if i use the choke like a throttle.

I have been afflicted by my brothers 137 this weekend. He managed to score the cylinder and I found when I tore it down that the 1/2" long green rubber hose for the impulse line was split. The new cylinder kit from eBay isn't the same so my impulse line isn't tight enough and I'm having the same problem. Reading that these are just wrong color Poulan's isn't surprising.

Good luck,
Jamie

Start at 2-2 1/2 turns out. Those small engines don't develop enough of a low pressure signal at the venturi to set "normally".

Start at 2-2 1/2 turns out. Those small engines don't develop enough of a low pressure signal at the venturi to set "normally".

hey Randy thanks i will try that, I can usually figute these things out pretty quick but this one has me baffled. I will report back.

Gday Guys
I have just acquired the same saw no bar n chain and a broken pull start
fixed the starter and fired it up with just a few solid cranks
though good o
It ran a tad rough but had a lotta promise
thought right ill clean her up a tad , so I removed the top cover to get to the filter and plug
had a giggle as the plug was loose by a couple of turns :O) haha
anyway cleaned filter tightened plug fired up good o , thought right this is one to play with so pulled the muffler drilled holes in the baffle to match the slotted one there and drilled a half dozen holes in top plate of baffle and put two extre gills in the froun cover of the exhayst to match the existing one
checked mixture hi low and they were set at just over 2 and a half turns out fired er up again richened er up a tad and shes a lil rippa , Oh and this with quite old fuel in it so ill freshen it up tomorrow as well
Ill sauce a bar n chain tomorrow n puter ta work :O)
Oh the bores sweet in and out yeah :O0
Randy How are you what fuel mixture would you run in this say with the slight muffler mods ive done ?
thankyou mate :O0

Latest posts

Back