Husqvarna 142E bar & chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your existing bar is probably fine.

That chain with the bumper tie straps is one of the least desirable chains out there and to top it off, it’s dull and has significant leading edge damage. I’d recommend a new loop of Oregon VXL or similar.

Return that .043 bar and chain or you’ll be stuck buying special order (expensive) chain.

How’s this one look I can’t seem to find a Oregon VXL or similar 18”. With the .50 - 3/8

sorry to sound stupid I just have no fn clue about numbers!

but I did read somewhere that my oem 18” bar and chain will bog my small 142e down vs changing to a 16” bar and chain

https://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-53...=1582254979&sprefix=+18+inch+husqvarna&sr=8-5

OK,

so went to put it all together and I tried to pull the rope out of the spark plug hole that I used to stop the piston but being it was an old nylon rope thats been outside year, it was brittle and broke off! So the rest was stuck as was the piston, so I had to take it all apart!

There was a squeeze on rubber seal at the bottom connecting the hub showing the piston, can I buy rubber gasket stuff like that was on it if so what kind do I look for!

Second

When I put the piston back in, there is a ring that has to be squeezed in, is there a certain way to get the piston back in the upper shaft!

Do I lube or put oil all over before putting the engine and piston back together or can I spray with wd40 or equivalent!

Thanks for help!

IMG_3498.JPG

I reassemble with a little bit of oil.

It wouldn’t hurt to use a little bit of sealant on the outside of the crank seals. Make sure everything is clean and it’s a good sealant for engine assembly, not just RTV.

I reassemble with a little bit of oil.

It wouldn’t hurt to use a little bit of sealant on the outside of the crank seals. Make sure everything is clean and it’s a good sealant for engine assembly, not just RTV.

Thanks

so oil the crank case and piston rod area how bout the shaft and piston? Is chainsaw oil ok

this is the sealant I got

11A29AFA-192C-488F-AF7C-7B3AD4AFD468.png

7D553A23-9E9F-4BA4-B8BF-45FF571F6DC9.jpeg Well F everything F-able, the ring broke,

should I buy another ring or what :angry:

Attachments

• 2CD044F0-2172-4CF1-83C0-B2EFCF991D79.jpeg
    2CD044F0-2172-4CF1-83C0-B2EFCF991D79.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Back