Husqvarna 2 series Chain tensioner/keeper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan A

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
74DB9176-9BA0-4837-9FE2-B9DD23AF5E30.jpeg The little square rubber keeper/grommet is not doing the trick. Lost my 3rd tensioner and it’s getting old. I’ve read about “Jesus Clips” in between the spike however I can’t find them. Any other remedies or quick fixes??

Measure , cut a shallow groove an pop the appropriate e -clip on the tensioner screw an you will never have another issue, ten min worth of work will save you slot of money an agrivation. I work for a dealer trust me any rubber you put in there will not last! That design must have come from a stihl engineer that jumped ship.. the Swedes know better

I work for a dealer trust me...

On that statement alone, no.

any rubber you put in there will not last!

And that statement is 100% incorrect. Any decent piece of fuel line will last a lot longer in a tension screw retaining application than it normally would in a fuel tank. Just don't use the cheap-ass yellow crap most dealers use (and call 'Tygon' just because it's yellow). A piece of real Tygon F-4040-A or any buna/nitrile line will most likely last the life of the saw just keeping a chain tension screw from unscrewing and falling out. I automatically replace the stupid little circuit board and nylon wafers on Huskys whenever the fuel line fix will fit the situation. I just works, and it lasts. Trust me. I know.

1110171957_resized.jpg

1110171956_resized.jpg

Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one , as I stated I work for a dealer and when people are paying for a service you don’t half ass stuff . What I mentioned we do above, we have been doing for customers for years. But yea if you have no access to a lathe or the skill set to use one ... sure a piece of good black fuel line will do the trick. We are professionals providing a professional service for our customers . We take pride in the product we let leave our shop. Nice 51/55 btw. I got a professional permanent fix for the partition wall when your threads eventually strip out that does not involve , just replacing the whole thing like most parts changers do these days .

No sir it does not, but it does involve alittle more finesse then the harbor freight tap an die set that most likely resides in your toolbox can currently provide I am in no way shape or form looking for a pissing match here , I’m clearly stating there is a more professional way to repair the 200 series chain adjusters retainer. Your way may last longer then the factory reverse engineered plastic piece that the bar oil dissolves over time. But rubber by its nature looses its chemical make up when constantly subject to oil / plain and simple. Hence the reason we perform a once an done repair for our customers. Using a custom cut grove and a generic e clip . Never to be lost again

On that statement alone, no.

And that statement is 100% incorrect. Any decent piece of fuel line will last a lot longer in a tension screw retaining application than it normally would in a fuel tank. Just don't use the cheap-ass yellow crap most dealers use (and call 'Tygon' just because it's yellow). A piece of real Tygon F-4040-A or any buna/nitrile line will most likely last the life of the saw just keeping a chain tension screw from unscrewing and falling out. I automatically replace the stupid little circuit board and nylon wafers on Huskys whenever the fuel line fix will fit the situation. I just works, and it lasts. Trust me. I know.

Sounds like a quick fix to me.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

I ordered replacement adjusters, clips, the clips jacks or partstree had them. Check eBay too. Fix it once and forget about it. I don’t have time to do things twice, sometimes jimmy rigging can bite us, when you depend on your saws to work I didn’t play.

Tip, my whole life as things wearout I buy two, one to repeat what’s broke and one for in-house stock, sooner or later I’ll need another one, then i order one for stock again. Saves time and fixes weekend down time. Starter rope is another in-house supply.

That c clip type is a pain to install it’s tight going on. But once it’s on that’s it.

I have the same problem with my 298. I just ordered 2 from E-bay. Today i will search out a "e" clip. I think about 3 e clips will fit in that groove and be a more permanent fix. Sorry about resurrecting an old post. Owning a 298xp? I have to get my info from some where.

Back