Husqvarna 2100 re-chrome needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
I recently acquired a nice Husqvarna 2100 with scoring in the cylinder. Everything else looks like it's in great shape.

Can anyone recommend a place that can hone then re-plate the cylinder? I recall reading that there are not too many companies that will re-plate a closed top cylinder like those found on chainsaws.

Thanks!

I used Chicago Plating to do cylinders on my Arctic Cat way back. Had to send piston with cylinders for matching and was very satisfied with their work. May want to ask at a local dealership for suggestion, marine, atv, motorcycle ones.

Millenium Technologies is well regarded in the motorcycle industry, might have to inquire about chainsaw cylinders.

What does it cost to replace a single cylinder? Nikasil is done for better cooling heat transfer.

Thanks Bill! They had 6 left...now it's 5.
Now 4 Count me in 1 on the way.
I only have 4 huskys...2100cd 32" :rock:, 272xp 24"/20" :numberone:, 41 :baba:
I've also got a 298XP:angry:that has a scored piston/cylinder it has run... but is 3 times as hard to pull over than any saw I ever pulled.
Broke the cheap plastic starter and converted it to the metal 2101 starter bits.

Latest posts

Back