Husqvarna 2100cd Carburetor Adjustment question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homelitesuperxl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I just recently acquired a Husqvarna 2100cd and it is in very nice shape, starts up no Problem and seems to run fine, I'm curious about Carburetor High and Low adjustment, there's a single Hole for both screws and I'm just trying to learn what turning in or out the Low Screw Does and what turning in or out the High Screw does and how it affects the way the Saw Runs. I don't have a long enough screw driver to reach them, but when I get one, I was thinking of playing with it a little, but I'm not an Expert on these Saws and I need some Education about Tuning them. Thank you and Appreciate any info.

The low screw adjust fuel flow at low rpm and a little bit at idle. The high screw adjust fuel flow at high rpm and full throttle. Start off by adjusting your low screw and idle setting. Once the saw is running move up to the high screw. 2100CD's have governor regulated carburetors. That is unless some one blocked the governor.

On my 2101xp (same as a 2100CD) I adjust the high screw by performing test cuts and plug color. If you start cutting and the saw falls on its face, you are too lean. To richen the mixture, turn the high screw out. You are better off starting rich and taking fuel out until the saw falls on its face and then add fuel back in.

10,500 is the max rpm on a 2100.

If you are not familiar with adjusting a 2 stroke saw, I recommend learning on a saw with more readily available parts.

I downloaded an Operators Manual for a 2101xp and the Basic Carb setting is Low 1 1/4 turns counterclockwise out from all the way in and 1 turn out counterclockwise for the High. Is this the same basic starting point for a 2100cd also.

That would be a starting point. Each saw is different and small movements of the adjustment screws can make a significant differences. I find the best tune is to set the needles richer than factory and remove fuel until I like the plug color, rpm and response of the engine.

You could set it at factory recommendations and leave it there. Doing so is a risky move, you could be too rich or too lean.

Back