Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw Good Buy??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im glad i asked! i just dont want to drop a bunch of cash on a stihl but i just want an all around good saw to cut my own firewood... is there another saw you guys would suggest

Definately have to agree with other posters..............forgo the 235 and save a few extra dollars and get a 435. I do not stock either the 235 or 240, and refuse to stock them. I avoid at all cost working on them, or even warranty issues.

445?

There are recon units on e-bay with some warranty for $200 delivered.
They are heavier than 435, but 5 more cc, might make a better all around
economical saw. There have been some favorable reviews on AS.

well i just want an all around good saw not going to be cutting anything particular

Well, for starters, there are no "all around good" saws, and 35-40cc isn't enough for general firewood cutting. A few smallish trees is another story.....

If the 16" bar you mentioned really is needed, you need a 50cc saw.

omg, no one has told him to get a 361 or 346xp yet? Is everyone feeling ok? :blob2:

Be patient. We're heading that way. You saw Troll's last post right? The groundwork is being laid. Give it an hour or two and somebody will suggest a Makita 6401, followed by an MS441, Dolmar 7900, 395XP, or MS660...:laugh:

Last edited:
LOL!!

In all seriousness though, it does depend on how much firewood you intend to cut per year. You obviously want it to last for a few years, but you also don't want to spend a bomb on one! I would look for a good used Pro model saw that would be in your price range and should outlast a 'lesser' saw at the same time as being lighter, more powerful and better made. Stihl 260 is a nice reliable saw. :)

oak maple elm hickory apple hedge etc etc.. i really dont want to go to much over 250 bucks

Back