Husqvarna 254 chain brake spring help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonUK

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Afternoon guys

Just bought a 254 of the fleabay has a dodgy chain brake its missing the compression spring (503 70 49-01) could anybody suggest the size of a spring that would work in replacement. I havnt got a Husky dealer anywhere near and theres non on the net.

Simon

Simon,

Go find yourself a Husqvarna dealer and get the proper replacement part. Even used spring parts are not a good idea, as they can be fatiqued and not perform as they are supposed to. Its a chain brake inertia and operator activated, get the right replacement part. There are plenty of Husqvarna parts available on the net, you'll just have to pay for shipping, which will make it much more economical for you to go to your local Husqvarna dealer in the UK (its a small country, your nearest dealer cant be more than an hour away!).

Yep I'd try your local dealer...as said just get new, nothing worse than fightling a bent/used brake band. I couldn't find any for that saw with site sponsors but there is always Partstree.com they have what you need for Husky stuff..that band is under $10.00 US Husky part # 501 674 301... I believe. Don't know about shipping though. Good luck...:cheers:

Back