Husqvarna 257 value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraMtns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend of mine moved to the city so he has no need for a chainsaw anymore. He has a Husky 257 that he said he would sell me. The saw is dated 1997. The safety trigger needs a new roll pin where the wire is. Other then needing a good cleaning it looks to be in good shape.

What would be a fair offer?

Pictures.

IMG_1949.JPG IMG_1950.JPG IMG_1951.JPG IMG_1952.JPG IMG_1954.JPG

Looks good to me. Just in the category of being several models back. Should be great for firewood and general use.

Minty I would bet 350-400
Needing work half of that?

Basically it's worth what your willing to give.

Minty local 257 no issues been for sale for months at 300. To much IMO

150-250 for used to minty no issue 257 IMO I would not pay 200-250 for one myself.

Heck I just sold a 1990 sought after by collectors 262KS for 350.

View attachment 618106
This :rolleyes:.
I wouldn't give more than 150 for that with the damaged recoil and the pin missing(if I was buying it on craiglist), unless I was in a situation I needed one right away.
As Jeremiah was saying a you can buy 262xp that's ready to go for a little more and get a lot more saw, sure this one could be modded and made into a sweet little saw, but I'd rather just get the one that was done, this just what I do.
If you know the saws history such as when the fuel lines and such have been changed out/carb been rebuilt and you need a saw then I say go for it.
If your buddy just needs help selling it or really needs the cash then do what you need to to help him out, I'd pay a lot more for it to help a friend than I would some random guy selling it who has no real need and doesn't know the history of the saw.
I would want him to clean the pitch off it though :eek: :laugh:.

This :rolleyes:.
I wouldn't give more than 150 for that with the damaged recoil and the pin missing(if I was buying it on craiglist), unless I was in a situation I needed one right away.
As Jeremiah was saying a you can buy 262xp that's ready to go for a little more and get a lot more saw, sure this one could be modded and made into a sweet little saw, but I'd rather just get the one that was done, this just what I do.
If you know the saws history such as when the fuel lines and such have been changed out/carb been rebuilt and you need a saw then I say go for it.
If your buddy just needs help selling it or really needs the cash then do what you need to to help him out, I'd pay a lot more for it to help a friend than I would some random guy selling it who has no real need and doesn't know the history of the saw.
I would want him to clean the pitch off it though :eek: :laugh:.
You only like pretty saws. Clean the pitch off! :D:yes: And you have many!

Hmm and here I though a really nice 2152 or 353 should be worth 275 or better. I gotta buy from you guys. Course there is that shipped bit.

Have a good one good luck with 257!

Hmm and here I though a really nice 2152 or 353 should be worth 275 or better. I gotta buy from you guys. Course there is that shipped bit.

For some reason those models demand a premium. I'll admit my 2149/53 is nice but still there's no replacement for displacement.

A 2152/353 is the next generation of saws and only 52ccs where the 257 is a 57cc saw. The 257 was one of the least sought after in the 2 series saws as it weighs the same as the 262 but has way less power at 3.7 hp. The 2152/353 has better anti vibe, only weighs 11 lbs and comes in at 3.3 hp and will cut a lot longer as it gets way better fuel economy. I'd rather run the 353 than a 257 any day of the week in 12" and under wood. But if I was in larger wood I'd want a 359, but would settle for the 262 if I had to :).

Yeah I should have kept my 359 but honestly I find the heavier 2065 less tiring to run. I always felt like I was running to keep up to the 359.

Yeah I should have kept my 359 but honestly I find the heavier 2065 less tiring to run. I always felt like I was running to keep up to the 359.
I like the 359's, and in anything that wasn't just getting bucked I'd rather run one than a 2065. I don't normally run a 60cc saw these days as I jump from 50cc's right to a 70cc saw. I like those older saws for playing, but 3 series and newer for getting it done is what I prefer.

Back