Husqvarna 257 value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to get a 50cc saw that thinks it's 60. Maybe a ported 353 just to be different.

The gent I got my 2065 from had one. Lucky for me he burnt it up the day before I got there. Likely would have bought both. He did say it had a lot of hours on it.

My Husky 257 runs like a bandit. I paid $250 delivered to my door. It was worth every penny. A great firewood saw that pulls a 20" bar without breathing hard. And, it doesn't weigh very much. I would rather pick it up and run it rather than my classic Husky 61, but I'm sure I'll get nailed for saying that.

Whatever you end up paying for it, keep in mind that things like the tank/handle, top cover and carb screws might be difficult to replace if necessary.

If you're replying to me, yes, that is always a factor. (and in a lighthearted tone: you sound like my crew-boss, lol)

My main goal, in the extremely rare event that I win the auction at $75 (which is not likely), is to likely sell it to the shop I trade at. They love getting "relics" like these, fixing them up, and making a buck or two off them. In logger-land, there's guys that will pay top-dollar just to have/run a saw they used to run "back in the day." Now if the thing is cherry, as it looks like a low-use saw from the lack of scratches and mars on the case, I might run it a bit to see if it's worth keeping.

In the last two weeks I've had to dump a ton of money into my truck, partially expected, with some of it unexpected, so I'm not dumping any money into any saws at this point in time.

If you're replying to me, yes, that is always a factor. (and in a lighthearted tone: you sound like my crew-boss, lol)

My main goal, in the extremely rare event that I win the auction at $75 (which is not likely), is to likely sell it to the shop I trade at. They love getting "relics" like these, fixing them up, and making a buck or two off them. In logger-land, there's guys that will pay top-dollar just to have/run a saw they used to run "back in the day." Now if the thing is cherry, as it looks like a low-use saw from the lack of scratches and mars on the case, I might run it a bit to see if it's worth keeping.

In the last two weeks I've had to dump a ton of money into my truck, partially expected, with some of it unexpected, so I'm not dumping any money into any saws at this point in time.
Maybe sell the truck and buy the saw. Here's how: Wait until one minute before the auction ends. Submit your bid and see if someone tops it. They may not have time to enter the contest before the gavel sounds with Sold!

Back