• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 262 ported and minty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landmark

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up for sell is my 262 that began life as a 261. I was going to sell it a couple weeks ago and thought it had an issue. After inspecting it and running a tank through it, all checks out and it is ready to go. I got this saw as a 261 and installed a meteor 262 piston. Then had the saw ported by rattler362, did a MM and it has been a shelf queen since last year. the pics of the saw are it in dirty form. I didn't shine up at all and it still shines. I purchased 262xp decals just because it looks good. Still retains the 2shoe clutch which is not an issue. Saw operates and everything works as should. Has great compression. I have it tuned fat and buyer can tune to their preference. PHO 375 plus shipping 261.JPG 261a.JPG 261b.JPG 261c.JPG 261d.JPG 261f.JPG piston 262.JPG

This is a very Nice saw and has great compression I found that out the hard way Saturday Dave is a Great guy to deal with If he tells you something take it to the bank that is just the way he dose things.

This is a very Nice saw and has great compression I found that out the hard way Saturday Dave is a Great guy to deal with If he tells you something take it to the bank that is just the way he does things.
thanks Mike and yeah this saw is something else. this is the fourth one ive let go lately and it is the hardest to part with for sure.

A good port job is worth around $300usd, this is either a fantastic deal or less than stellar port job. Why did you pay to have it ported then put it up for sale? Does it run better/worse after mods? Why did you need to muff modd saw after it was ported? A few things sorta don't add up and clarification may assist your sale.

A good port job is worth around $300usd, this is either a fantastic deal or less than stellar port job. Why did you pay to have it ported then put it up for sale? Does it run better/worse after mods? Why did you need to muff modd saw after it was ported? A few things sorta don't add up and clarification may assist your sale.
First of all we ported the saw because rattler suggested it and I wanted to learn about saws. Had no intention in selling it but ended up with a mint 262 thats also ported. Second, what good is a ported saw without a MM and third if you want to buy it you can pay 575 if it makes you feel better about the saw. I will be ok price wise at 375 and this will be a good deal for sombody. If anybody has reservations about the saw then dont buy it but sombody going to be happy with it or I will be happy to keep it.

Great deal landmark, for sure. Makes me wish I bought this one instead of your other 262.

Where did you get the decals?

Just an FYI, that saws pulling better than 200 psi at sea level. The 262 he sold me showed 150 psi on his gauge at his elevation and was nearly 170 when it got to me. It's gonna be a runner.

Trusted seller

Why do people have to pick apart a sale on the main page. Take it to private if you want to dispute the saw or price or whatever else you would like to b!+c# about. The price is the price that the seller felt comfortable about putting it at. If your interested stay, if your not move along. Great deal on a great saw IMHO.

Latest posts

Back