• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Want to buy Husqvarna 262xp

Esq1997

Esq1997

ArboristSite Lurker
Good evening-

I am interested in purchasing a well cared for Husqvarna 262xp. Not being a small engine mechanic, I would like something that is in very good condition and has not been rebuilt. Please shoot me a message if you have something you'd be willing to sell.

Thanks.

John

husky455rancher

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Great choice on a saw! I bought a new husky 440 and was using that today and had to switch over to the 262 and man what a difference. While the chips were flying I was thinking man I live this saw. Sorry I’m not interested in selling mine but I hope you find one.

Derf

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good saw, a little overhyped. Clean ones go for stupid money.

Since these saws are from decades ago, they need to have been fixed up a little - rubber crank seals should have been replaced, fuel lines should be replaced, and a carb kit are the bare minimum I would hope to see. Also I wouldn’t be afraid if one has been “rebuilt” more than that. Sometimes a scored piston leaves a saw non-functional, so a cheap aftermarket piston can bring a junk saw back to life.

Supercharged86

Supercharged86

ArboristSite Operative
Good evening-

I am interested in purchasing a well cared for Husqvarna 262xp. Not being a small engine mechanic, I would like something that is in very good condition and has not been rebuilt. Please shoot me a message if you have something you'd be willing to sell.

Thanks.

John
Great choice John, hope you find one. As with most owner's of said model, I really love mine. Sorry can't part with it though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Supercharged86

Supercharged86

ArboristSite Operative
I'm still looking for a nice Husqvarna 262xp....
Hey John, you may want to also consider a 261, then do a flat top piston (Meteor or other) and muffler mod or replacement. This essentially makes it a 262XP, albeit a 2 vs. 3 shoe clutch. Might have better luck finding one. Steve

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CIAmike11

CIAmike11

I don’t discriminate, all saws welcome
I offered up my nice 261-262 full conversion including the clutch to him the day he posted this. I’m pretty sure he’s really set on getting a “true” 262xp with the serial number badge that backs it up

irhunter

irhunter

ArboristSite Operative
Good evening-

Thanks.

John

Have you seen this one up in NH?

Not my saw.

Roy