• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husqvarna 262xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esq1997

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good evening-

I am interested in purchasing a well cared for Husqvarna 262xp. Not being a small engine mechanic, I would like something that is in very good condition and has not been rebuilt. Please shoot me a message if you have something you'd be willing to sell.

Thanks.

John

Great choice on a saw! I bought a new husky 440 and was using that today and had to switch over to the 262 and man what a difference. While the chips were flying I was thinking man I live this saw. Sorry I’m not interested in selling mine but I hope you find one.

Good saw, a little overhyped. Clean ones go for stupid money.

Since these saws are from decades ago, they need to have been fixed up a little - rubber crank seals should have been replaced, fuel lines should be replaced, and a carb kit are the bare minimum I would hope to see. Also I wouldn’t be afraid if one has been “rebuilt” more than that. Sometimes a scored piston leaves a saw non-functional, so a cheap aftermarket piston can bring a junk saw back to life.

Good evening-

I am interested in purchasing a well cared for Husqvarna 262xp. Not being a small engine mechanic, I would like something that is in very good condition and has not been rebuilt. Please shoot me a message if you have something you'd be willing to sell.

Thanks.

John
Great choice John, hope you find one. As with most owner's of said model, I really love mine. Sorry can't part with it though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm still looking for a nice Husqvarna 262xp....
Hey John, you may want to also consider a 261, then do a flat top piston (Meteor or other) and muffler mod or replacement. This essentially makes it a 262XP, albeit a 2 vs. 3 shoe clutch. Might have better luck finding one. Steve

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I offered up my nice 261-262 full conversion including the clutch to him the day he posted this. I’m pretty sure he’s really set on getting a “true” 262xp with the serial number badge that backs it up

Back