Husqvarna 266XP SE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was hoping someone else would buy these. So yesterday I gave in and made a road trip for the 1986 husqvarna 266xp se in transition years. SE on silver tag and recoil still but XP on top cover.

Also cub cadet 5220 efco 152 if I recall it right.

4th 266 I have had and 2nd of the CC 152.

Working old school metal chain brake too.

h266xpse.jpgh266xpsee.jpgcc5220.jpg

That is a nice clean 266XP. 86 was 100% XP, they just never changed the tag. I even have 268's with SE tags.
Had a 268XP with SE tag and XP cover too during transtion years. I just get them to put into collectors hands. Just like the hunt and testing them out.

There is 3 IPL's for 1986 266, if you look first 2 of them had SE on recoil decal and 3rd one had switched to XP decal on recoil. All 3 top covers showed XP.

Just the little I have learned on this one so far.

There is 3 IPL's for 1986 266, if you look first 2 of them had SE on recoil decal and 3rd one had switched to XP decal on recoil. All 3 top covers showed XP.

I believe I remember seeing a post from Spike60 a while back saying the XP change was mid 85. For sure the larger carb shows up on the 85-06 IPL. I have had later 85 saws with the XP sticker.
Realistically, there is no difference between the last SE and the first XP outside of the sticker.

I have a problem of keeping the things. I believe I have 8 complete 266's at the moment and another dozen in parts... Lol

Gave her a peek inside. Lot of pics.

266 running but had pretty good scuffing on ext side. Could tell psi was still great pulling over. So I checked.

Anyone ever check the squish on these stock with base gasket? I have had 81 85 86 and one cant recall year on now.

h266psi86.jpg

Latest posts

Back