husqvarna 268xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor97

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My local stihl dealer has a husqvarna 268xp that looks to be in excellent condition. He's asking $500 for it. Is this a good price and would you pay it to have this saw in your collection? He says it runs great and had little use.

My local stihl dealer has a husqvarna 268xp that looks to be in excellent condition. He's asking $500 for it. Is this a good price and would you pay it to have this saw in your collection? He says it runs great and had little use.
Seems a bit overpriced for a very old saw unless it’s in pristine condition, some pics would help.

I have a 268xp. It is a nice saw with a lot of power, but $500 is too much. Just my humble opinion of course.

Have you checked the for sale boards here?

That's too much unless its pristine and you really want that model.
Brian_42 got a good buy and his does look pristine. (Glad svk neglected to say "awes--e"). Not sure if Brian's has both inside and outside bumper splikes, but I imagine that outside spike could be added later. Brian_42, that's a great saw and in remarkable cosmetic condition, and the original owner knew that. I think both of you made out like bandits. When I see a chainsaw as nice as this, I'm ready to move back to my home state.

Back