• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 285CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be an improper move to post a thin ring 2100 p/c in a 285 thread? :) you know just askin.

I would prefer a 288XP but they bring a lot more money an are hard to come by in good condition.

Thanks again for the saw Jon. It arived a few days earlier than Fedex predicted and was packaged like a boss. This thing looks better in person than your photos show. I put a 24" bar and full chisel chain on it and its ready to rock and roll. Only had 5 minutes to try it out and once I get it dialed in for my elevation it will be a screamer. I'll be getting a video clip of this thing in action later today. I'll share it once I edit and upload it. Nothing but a sh*t eating grin when running it. Cheers! :cheers:

Wade,

I'm glad to know itmade it there safely. I did, as per usual, go overboard on the packaging, but it makes for safe arrival.

You'll definitely have to do some tuning, as I am at 4500' in elevation, as opposed to your 800'.

It's dialed in now better than it was. High speed is spot on but the low side is a little rich still I think. This thing rips for sure.

I had the shop soon me a new loop of chain and I got distracted because it was so tight in the bar groove that I didn't realize he gave me semi chisel chain. Too late now, it'll run.

BTW, I was just cutting a hard maple earlier and set a car alarm off with it from across the road. Made me smile even more.

Man, that saw sounds really cool. Maybe I'll keep the next one. ;)
I'll allow you to keep the next 285 but you have to give me first dibs on any 288, 298, 2100 or 2101 you come up with. :yes:

Over time I'll get an Alaskan mill and thought I'd put this one on it but I'm reconsidering keeping it for the larder firewood I came across. It likely won't see many hours of use over the years and feels comfortable with the 24" I put on it. The weight isn't a factor with the small amount of time I use it. The 18" on my 2159 take care of all the limbing an most of the bucking anyways but just doesn't sound as cool.

Back