• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 288

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to throw a wrench into your sale, but i have been rebuilding 281/288's for the past year and a half. The average price I let them go for is $450.

I think your asking price of $300 is a bit steep for a saw that doesn't even run right. If you suspect the bar oil is leaking into the crankcase area, you know what it would take to fix the saw I assume.
With that said, are you willing to lower the price to reflect the current running / non-running condition?

Not trying to throw a wrench into your sale, but i have been rebuilding 281/288's for the past year and a half. The average price I let them go for is $450.

I think your asking price of $300 is a bit steep for a saw that doesn't even run right. If you suspect the bar oil is leaking into the crankcase area, you know what it would take to fix the saw I assume.
With that said, are you willing to lower the price to reflect the current running / non-running condition?
Seems ironic you would say this in his thread.

Based in your comments to me in your thread on another site. And I made every effort in your thread to end on a positive note :).

HAHA. wow buddy. You had no problem calling me out on my for sale post. So i guess you and i are alike...is that what you are saying?

I would buy this 288 from the seller, but would need to negotiate the asking price. Otherwise I will kindly pass.

Good day to you @chipper1

HAHA. wow buddy. You had no problem calling me out on my for sale post. So i guess you and i are alike...is that what you are saying?

I would buy this 288 from the seller, but would need to negotiate the asking price. Otherwise I will kindly pass.

Good day to you @chipper1
I called you out o_O, I asked for pictures of the cylinder after complementing the saw, then made a few comments on what really makes a 365 special a special because you asked.
I've had many guys let me know things wrong with what I've said and things that were off in ads, it's not usually being called out.
I thought that was a bit out of character for someone who was so quickly upset to come into this for sale post with nothing positive and to tear down the saw.
You realize if you would have just posted the saw for what it really is a 365 with a special cylinder and recoil sticker we wouldn't be having this conversation(and in VF's for sale thread). Then I would have never asked about the cylinder pictures, and would have only said nice saw :D.
No, we are not alike, it's called hypocritical to complain about it, then to do it yourself.
Also why didn't you just send him a PM, like you told me I should have(in the pm I sent because I was concerned I had upset you)?

I called you out o_O, I asked for pictures of the cylinder after complementing the saw, then made a few comments on what really makes a 365 special a special because you asked.
I've had many guys let me know things wrong with what I've said and things that were off in ads, it's not usually being called out.
I thought that was a bit out of character for someone who was so quickly upset to come into this for sale post with nothing positive and to tear down the saw.
You realize if you would have just posted the saw for what it really is a 365 with a special cylinder and recoil sticker we wouldn't be having this conversation(and in VF's for sale thread). Then I would have never asked about the cylinder pictures, and would have only said nice saw :D.
No, we are not alike, it's called hypocritical to complain about it, then to do it yourself.
Also why didn't you just send him a PM, like you told me I should have(in the pm I sent because I was concerned I had upset you)?

So glad you got to speak your mind. Are we done here?

You must be the for sale police then.
If that means I watch out for others then sure, I'll take that title.
Truth be told in the other place that is @Jon1212 title, and I feel he did a fine job letting folks know the saw was misrepresented which is why he changed the title, when you didn't.

VF, your getting some free hits on the 288 today lol.

Truth be told in the other place that is @Jon1212 title, and I feel he did a fine job letting folks know the saw was misrepresented which is why he changed the title, when you didn't.

I miss @Jon1212 comments on items for sale here. As I remember he used to have a bit of fun with the op.
288 bump and stuff.....

I had no problem paying alittle more for one not too long ago. $300 is a fair price for a 288 shipped to your door for free.........guess I should have waited:dumb2:

I don't think $300 is out of line, it's going to be around $60-70 shipping.

Not sure where there's info about bar oil leaking into the crankcase? I said it leaks at the case seam... aka... leaks out of the saw.
Better out than in, how bad of a leak? Weap, seep or leak?

If left on the bench overnight with a full bar oil tank the under of the saw will have some oil on it. It sat on a bench all winter (~7 months) and made a small mess, but didn't leak enough to empty the tank.

There is a lot of truth in this, Brett.

Though I'm hardly involved enough to have any real influence.

Back