• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 288

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Husqvarna 288 XP high top, full wrap. $350 I’ll ship the powerhead only for $350 (in USA 48) or you can pickup local with the bar and chain. I travel locally a good bit located in Haskell Tx.

This was an east coast rig, I bought it off a retired arborist who hadn’t used it in a good while. He used it for palm trees, I’ll show a pic of the acid damage under the clutch cover. I believe it to have a lot of riding on the truck hours on it, maybe not too many engine hours.

Saw starts and run awesome. Tons of power. It’s really an impressive saw. The plastics are melted a little, I was going to add an exhaust outlet there and cut the damage away. The rear handle has a chunk knocked out off the toe pad. Oil pump and the area around it has some corrosion from the palm acid. It doesn’t seem to effect performance any and the oil pump still pumps. If I was going to keep it I would swap the oil pump and smooth the pits up with JB. Kill switch doesn’t work, I’ve been choking it. Not sure why, I really haven’t looked.
It has a nearly new husqvarna filter and stihl 8 pin rim.

Only selling because it’s too big of a saw for me. Weight is a little excessive for the work I do, wrap handle is in the way too. It uses a different drive count from my other saws and that’s annoying too.

Sam 940 207 0904

AB3977E3-7AA9-4E4E-BE27-BA75F4A462DA.jpeg 54B23CE0-5167-4561-B8B8-6A2167C78367.jpeg 1CD3710F-125F-43AE-B66D-8870406EBB9E.jpeg

Latest posts

Back