• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 288xp pho

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does this saw compare to a 372xp that's stock? I use a 42" bar on it, skip tooth, full chisel 3/8 pitch. I know it should be stronger, but will it rev like a 372?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How does this saw compare to a 372xp that's stock? I use a 42" bar on it, skip tooth, full chisel 3/8 pitch. I know it should be stronger, but will it rev like a 372?

I used a 36” 3/8 .63 on mine for a day... was a bit weak oiling.
Power was fine (skip chain in Doug Fir and Hemlock).
My 288 is long sold now. I prefer AT carb saws.
Never have run a 372 so can’t comment further.

Ok, thanks. The reason i ask is i have a 570 that's a very good torqy saw, it's a 68cc where the 372 is a 71cc. Not much engine difference but the 372 will way out run the 570 cutting. Seems the 570 has as good of power at low lugging rpms as the 372 but not near as much up top. Just wondering if the 288 has good power in higher rpm. I'm needing a saw to run a 42" bar that will trim the ends of 40"wide lumber packs. My 372 actually works great for this, it's a little slow, but oils well and does the job. It's just getting a little worn and if i replace it, i want it to be an upgrade.... I'm chomping at the bit for the 390s I've seen come across here lately, I'm just a tight wad though and want to get the best bang for my buck...

Man i keep thinking about this saw.

Just hard to justify when i have a lighter, more power 385XP.

Man its a cool saw though....

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Anyone know this guy personally? I'd like to talk to him about the saw, I'm interested. I sent him a pm several days ago with no response.....

Back