• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold HUSQVARNA 288XP PORTED PROJECT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELECT6845

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This 288 xp has new bearings and seals but the big end rod bearing is making some noise. I checked it for free play and it was tight but regardless its making noise. As I said in the post on the 395 there is other stuff I want to do so this saw has to go.
Compression is 210 with a new ring, cut base, and chamber. Saw is pretty clean and runs great other than the noise. It will come with the other case with a good crank in it.

450.00 plus shipping

Attachments

• 100_3830.JPG
    100_3830.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_3831.JPG
    100_3831.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_3832.JPG
    100_3832.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_3833.JPG
    100_3833.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_3834.JPG
    100_3834.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_3835.JPG
    100_3835.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 125
what we have here Fellers, is the "greatest" chainsaw Husqvarna ever made. This is your "Microsoft Moment" in chainsaw acquisition. :yes: If you let this get away you will either be doing this :omg:, this :(, this :cry:, this :dumb2:, or this :angry:..... and those of us that are "in the know" about these 288s, will be doing this :wtf:.

:drinkingcoffee:

what we have here Fellers, is the "greatest" chainsaw Husqvarna ever made. This is your "Microsoft Moment" in chainsaw acquisition. :yes: If you let this get away you will either be doing this :omg:, this :(, this :cry:, this :dumb2:, or this :angry:..... and those of us that are "in the know" about these 288s, will be doing this :wtf:.

I would buy this but I'm been spending like I have a tree. Lol but I got a few nice saws.

If this didn't start a stampede:rolleyes:.... I don't know what would.o_O

What is used to plug the decomp hole, looks like JBweld or something... :confused:

Good luck with the saw. Looks nice.

What is used to plug the decomp hole, looks like JBweld or something... :confused:

Good luck with the saw. Looks nice.

That's just the blank boss for the decomp cast into the side of the cylinder. It's not machined on his cylinder. What you're seeing is just the aluminum of the cylinder casting. I have a Mahl 288XP jug like that too (as well as a couple that are machined for the decomp).

That's just the blank boss for the decomp cast into the side of the cylinder. It's not machined on his cylinder. What you're seeing is just the aluminum of the cylinder casting. I have a Mahl 288XP jug like that too (as well as a couple that are machined for the decomp).

Hoarder!

Very happy with the saw!

elect6845 ported 288xp with jon1212 30" sugi along with jasha semi skip chain.
9881bec70a514b5fd0784b53efd4d177.jpg

Latest posts

Back