• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 298

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Up for sale is my Husky 298. It's got a new Italian top end and runs like a champ, but I just got a 2100 with sentimental value and I don't need two of these. The pros are it runs, cuts, and oils well and the original flimsy recoil has been replaced with the stronger 2100 style by a P.O. The only cons are the bottom outer dog bolt hole on the case is missing a chunk, the rear "ear" that holds the rubber nub the clutch cover rests on is broken off, and the tail end of the clutch cover had a chunk missing that I repaired with jbweld and painted with OEM Husky paint. Also, the clutch cover is a 2101 cover that I modified to fit because I was going to put an outer dog on it (I've included all the necessary OEM hardware but I don't have the dog itself), and I had to grind a bit of the inner brake mechanism castings off to allow it to work on this saw. I did not grind anything structural and I can get pics of what I did if anyone needs to see it. I can also text interested parties a video of the saw running and cutting if they want. I'd like to get $500 + shipping, but I'm open to offers.
IMG_5714.jpegIMG_5715.jpegIMG_5716.jpegIMG_5717.jpegIMG_5718.jpegIMG_5719.jpeg

Back