• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 298XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well im used to people saying “Make me an offer” so i just float them what i would give them for it, they counter back or say no or we hash a deal. No biggie, but i prefer to just give what someone wants to avoid the back and forth lol

Well im used to people saying “Make me an offer” so i just float them what i would give them for it, they counter back or say no or we hash a deal. No biggie, but i prefer to just give what someone wants to avoid the back and forth lol
Not me, I just want you to tell me how much, then I say yes or no. On CL I may say are you firm on the price, if they answer I'm a little flexible I just ask how much I should bring. When I sell I'm the same way, I'd rather get the money part out of the way and then hang out lol.

Not me, I just want you to tell me how much, then I say yes or no. On CL I may say are you firm on the price, if they answer I'm a little flexible I just ask how much I should bring. When I sell I'm the same way, I'd rather get the money part out of the way and then hang out lol.
If only everyone thought that way it would be so much easier lol

Not me, I'm a negotiator. If the seller is firm and more than I'm willing to pay then so be it and it's not meant to be. If the seller has no price then I start in my favor. I guess some people don't like to negotiate but I think it's how things should be done.

Not me, I'm a negotiator. If the seller is firm and more than I'm willing to pay then so be it and it's not meant to be. If the seller has no price then I start in my favor. I guess some people don't like to negotiate but I think it's how things should be done.
Me too, I negotiate on to the next deal, maybe that's navigate:lol:.
I was thinking of you this morning, lots of good deals on 650's, need another :).

I know guys have already wasted time sending him offers.
As well he's wasted time responding. I'm sure there is a buyer for his price, but why make folks do a dance when he knows what he needs for it.
I just post a price and roll with it, sometimes a saw sells, sometimes it doesn't but I know what I want for it when I list it.
I don't need the money, but, I honestly don't know what a saw in this condition should bring.

I don't need the money, but, I honestly don't know what a saw in this condition should bring.
Well you must know the range your looking in or you would have taken any number of offers that were made, but you've not yet, and are still posting pictures to everyone rather than sending them to the very people who have already sent PM's or offered up on both sites.
You are free to do as you wish, I personally talk to a few guys and get a feel on a price prior to selling a saw I'm not familiar with, even so I have a range I'm thinking. I've had multiple guys contact me this week asking values of different saws and I let them know as to the best of my ability, but a saw is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay anyway.

Well you must know the range your looking in or you would have taken any number of offers that were made, but you've not yet, and are still posting pictures to everyone rather than sending them to the very people who have already sent PM's or offered up on both sites.
You are free to do as you wish, I personally talk to a few guys and get a feel on a price prior to selling a saw I'm not familiar with, even so I have a range I'm thinking. I've had multiple guys contact me this week asking values of different saws and I let them know as to the best of my ability, but a saw is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay anyway.
I have sent pictures to those who have PM me and also on the posts as a courtesy to everyone else who may have the same questions. You are correct in saying " a saw is worth as much as someone is willing to pay".

Could you post a picture of the clutch side without the cover on it?

They say if you have to ask the price of something you can't afford it, so that's why I have not asked.
Sorry I missed your request for these pictures. I worked from 5:30AM-4:30PM today and don't always catch all the posts when I get home.FullSizeRender 2.jpgFullSizeRender 3.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Nice saw- looking at the sellers list of saws you would think he could figure out the value of a 298. It’s really not that complicated....
All the saws I own except the 298 and the 660 were bought as fixer-uppers in some form or another. "one man's junk is another man's treasure"

I apologize for my inept communication skills on this sale.:icon_pc: :dumb:I was quite honest when I started this that I had no idea how auctions worked on this site. I assumed you communicated back and forth with interested buyers PM or otherwise. I'd rather just talk to someone on the phone or in person to avoid all the misunderstanding. I know now how NOT to sell a saw. I guess I will continue my CAD...

Back