• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 3120

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Up for sale is my brother's 3120. It is a strong running saw, he just doesn't need it anymore. A buddy got it off of Craigslist and bought a new top cover set for it before he lost interest in it and sold it to my brother, who used it to stump a huge oak in the summer of 2019 and it's sat since then. I put a new OEM brake band on it the other day as the old one was broken and I replaced the upper wrap a/v bit when he first got it since it was torn. He'd like to get $1000 + shipping P.H.O. It comes with the old cracked covers, which I've included pictures of. If you have any questions or want any more pics, I'll try to oblige.
IMG_5731.jpegIMG_5732.jpegIMG_5734.jpegIMG_5735.jpegIMG_5736.jpegIMG_5737.jpegIMG_5738.jpegIMG_5739.jpeg

Update: This saw will not be sold for awhile. I looked at the p/c (which were recently replaced) and the piston has some scoring. I'm guessing the p.o. had an air leak blow up the top end so he put a new top end on it without fixing the air leak, causing the new top end to get scored. I'll probably tear into this, fix the air leak and put a new piston on it, and update the price to reflect that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update: This saw will not be sold for awhile. I looked at the p/c (which were recently replaced) and the piston has some scoring. I'm guessing the p.o. had an air leak blow up the top end so he put a new top end on it without fixing the air leak, causing the new top end to get scored. I'll probably tear into this, fix the air leak and put a new piston on it, and update the price to reflect that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Interested.
Further update: The whole top end is Chinese, so I ordered a new oem KS top end kit from canada, and new seals, bearings and gaskets from the U.S., and will be rebuilding the saw myself. The top end may not show up till mid February and the saw will not be sold until it's been installed. Once it's rebuilt I presume it'll still be for sale at an altered price, but my brother may decide to keep it, we'll see. If he does decide to keep it I'll pull this listing but until then I'll leave it up. To sum it all up, THE SAW IS CURRENTLY NOT FOR SALE NOR IS IT BEING PARTED OUT, BEING SOLD AS A BUILDER, ETC. To the people who pm'ed me previously, this is not directed at you, I just want to make a public service announcement stating my intentions for the saw. This is what the saw looks like currently, fyi.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_14d4d.jpg

Bump! The new KS top end is installed, along with new oem bearings, seals, gaskets, and a new 3/8 x 8 rim to replace the worn-out one that was on it. This saw has had no runtime with the new top end, so it’s as fresh as you can get.

Have a price in mind, Did u do a press/ vac test for any leaks ?
The price is listed in the first post, $1000 plus shipping pho. No, I don't have a pressure/vacuum testing setup yet. If that is the only thing keeping someone from buying it, I'll be happy to get that done either by a buddy or a shop.

Back