Husqvarna 335

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave B

Reaction score
:confused: I have a Husqvarna 335 purchased 2 years ago. It's a great little limbing saw; however, after it warms up it won't rev up to full throttle. I've talked to a couple different chainsaw servicemen, and they all agree that it is the crank shaft seals. Question 1: Is this problem widespread, and if so, should I contact Husqvarna? Question 2: Should I get the parts myself and try to fix it, or should I pay app. $200 to get it fixed? As I understand it, the seals and bearings are one unit, and this could be a problem putting them in the case. Is there a special tool to do this? All suggestions welcome.

I havent had one have that happen to yet, but I wouldnt spend 200 on a saw that you can get for 350. I have had the flywheel slip out of timing, and the carb boot tear, and also I had one when it warmed up the ignition started going haywire (lifetime warranty). It made a motorcycle type of noise. Popping. Its hard to explain noise in script. :D Good luck with it

335xpt

Thanks, Darin, for the insight. That popping noise that you tried to describe--is it more like a "ding-ding-ding-ding"? (Does that make sense?) If so, it very well could be the ignition. Thanks again. Dave

Well, its not like ding ding ding dinners ready, but more like if a guy was studdering and stuck on and and and and and but very fast ands.:D They flywheel key is easy to shear too. So timing may be off.

It is definitely worth a couple of dimes to contact Husqvarna. If your dealer wont for you and is only interested in sticking you for $200 then try another dealer who is interested in servicing you. I would not try this repair. To me it does not sound like an air leak. If the crank seal was bad then it would lean out the motor and it would rev to the moon and have no power. I think Darin is closer to the problem than this goofball dealer. Try this--with the chain cover off try spraying some WD40 behind the clutch and on the outside of the crank seal. It should plug the hole if there is one temporarily and the saw will run better. If it does not it is not the clutch side bearing seal that is bad

Back