Husqvarna 335xpt Fuel Tank Internal Hose Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Inside my (first generation - 1997) fuel tank there are two hoses. The dark rubber one with a filter is obviously the fuel line. The confusion is about a small clear hose that goes from the rear base of the tank and heads upwards to a spot on the rear top of the tank that is not visible. The bottom connection location of the hose could very well be into the molded-in channel that is behind the fuel tank duckbill vent near the bottom of the chain sprocket so it seems like it might be part of the tank venting.

I do not see the top of the hose exit the tank anywhere. Does anyone know anything about it? I've looked at the workshop manual as well as parts diagrams and there is no mention of the hose.

When I remove the tank duckbill vent and try to blow compressed air through the tiny vent hole there is much resistance and it seems little air passes so if the hose in question is part of the venting perhaps it's blocked or collapsed. It seems to be in a near impossible location with regards to accessing the ends.

The saw has tank venting issues.

Did you ever find an answer to this? Just picked up a 335xpt and I’ve noticed the same thing with the lines in the tank. It might have to do with the tank vent, which I think is clogged on mine right now. Idling ok, but on high throttle it’s bogging down really bad no matter what carb adjustment I try to make.

Back