• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husqvarnaxpman

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
2004 346oe. Saw was rebuilt awhile ago with not much run time. Rebuild included new oem pto bearing and seal, the other bearing was a nachi. Brand new, oem 44.3 ne without decomp piston and cylinder kit, 385 intake clamp, and new throttle rod. Base gasket delete. Held pressure test at the time of rebuild. Ran saw this last weekend and seemed to run good. Blew 180psi. Took muffler off and the piston shows some marks that you can't feel. Also the intake side of cylinder shows some marks. Should definitely be checked out. Comes with 18" tsumura. Bar shows tip wear. $275 plus shipping
IMG_20190219_204306606.jpg IMG_20190219_204257336.jpg IMG_20190219_204420128.jpg IMG_20190219_204314140.jpg

Off topic but i just bought a 346xp OE from a gentleman, waiting for it to show up in the mail, he claims it was having compression issues, he included the original cylinder and an installed aftermarket cylinder, also a few extra parts and a new carb, i paid $200 for the saw shipped, its in pretty good shape, def not beat, and nothing broken, you guys think i did ok? Seems like these aren't really found for anything under $300 unless they are in really rough shape

Off topic but i just bought a 346xp OE from a gentleman, waiting for it to show up in the mail, he claims it was having compression issues, he included the original cylinder and an installed aftermarket cylinder, also a few extra parts and a new carb, i paid $200 for the saw shipped, its in pretty good shape, def not beat, and nothing broken, you guys think i did ok? Seems like these aren't really found for anything under $300 unless they are in really rough shape
200 for a ready to cut 50cc pro saw in good condition even with an AM P&C is a pretty good price to me, now make it a 346 :numberone:. You can get a factory P&C for under 100, or if the original P&C just need a ring or a piston put that back on it. If the cylinder has some transfer clean it up and get new oem or meteor piston and reinstall the oem cylinder. If it has a meteor cylinder they aren't bad, but stock for stock I'll take the oem.
I think you did well based on how I interpret your description.

Sounds like you got a smokin deal there, how did you possibly beat Brett to that one?:confused::surprised3:

Brett, were sleeping? I didn't think you did that:D

I bet that Brett bruised some fingers and damaged a few keys replying to this Trading Post ad ;)

Doug :cheers:

Sounds like you got a smokin deal there, how did you possibly beat Brett to that one?:confused::surprised3:

Brett, were sleeping? I didn't think you did that:D

I bet that Brett bruised some fingers and damaged a few keys replying to this Trading Post ad ;)

I wasn't aware of that one lol.
No, I just grabbed my phone and called, Doug and I have done a good number of deals, he's a great guy to buy from.

I wasn't aware of that one lol.
No, I just grabbed my phone and called, Doug and I have done a good number of deals, he's a great guy to buy from.

I will remember that, if I am interested in something he is selling. Although I DOUBT that I will even get a chance at it if you are also interested, let me know when you go on vacation, I will do my buying then:D

If I ever have a question about a 346xp, you definitely seem to be the one to ask.

I would sure like to get a hold of a Nice 346XP some day, I hear Great things about them, and I have been more than HAPPY with my 353, I would Love to try a 346XP, but that and the 395XP, 372XP and 550XP, might have to wait a bit longer, I just saw on Husky's website, that the 3120XP is no longer listed in the line up, I HOPE that is just a mistake, but I may have to pick up another, just in case it's NOT a mistake:(:(:(

It's a BEAST, but a lot of FUN in BIG Wood, and really shines when milling. The 395 is a Great saw, and was my next planned CAD Treatment, but as Husky's Biggest saw?:confused: That's a Pretty BIG step down from the 3120XP:(

I will remember that, if I am interested in something he is selling. Although I DOUBT that I will even get a chance at it if you are also interested, let me know when you go on vacation, I will do my buying then:D

If I ever have a question about a 346xp, you definitely seem to be the one to ask.

I would sure like to get a hold of a Nice 346XP some day, I hear Great things about them, and I have been more than HAPPY with my 353, I would Love to try a 346XP, but that and the 395XP, 372XP and 550XP, might have to wait a bit longer, I just saw on Husky's website, that the 3120XP is no longer listed in the line up, I HOPE that is just a mistake, but I may have to pick up another, just in case it's NOT a mistake:(:(:(

It's a BEAST, but a lot of FUN in BIG Wood, a really shines when milling. The 395 is a Great saw, and was my next planned CAD Treatment, but as Husky's Biggest saw?:confused: That's a Pretty BIG step down from the 3120XP:(

Just contact @AlfA01 , Dan can hook you up with a NIB 346xp

Just contact @AlfA01 , Dan can hook you up with a NIB 346xp

I would LOVE to, it's just that Pesky little Money thang;) Budgetary priorities and all ya know:(

There are too many other saws and priorities right now to get a 346, unless it was at a stupidly ridiculous price that I couldn't pass up, I'm still kicking myself for not making a 266XP fit my budget about a year ago. There was a later model 266 on CL locally for $200, REALLY Clean, and near my work, already have a 266XP, actually my First Husky bought in 91, made a Husky believer out of me, I should have sold one of the kids or something, but I didn't:(

I would get more use out of a 395XP, it would split the difference perfectly between my 3120XP and my 266XP, and Now Husky isn't showing the 3120XP in their current listing, temptation is there to get another while I can, and a 550XP would work well in my Granberg Mini Mill for edging, to free up the 353 for other uses.

a 346XP is on my "Some Day" list, but there are others that would be a better fit first.

Sometimes being a Responsible (Me?;):surprised3::))Adult SUCKS

I happened to find it listed on fb marketplace, i have been wanting one for a while to use as a firewood saw for smaller stuff, currently running a stock 51 and have a ported poulan 335 which is a screamer but have just been becoming more and more fond of the husky stuff, currently have a 365 on the bench to rebuild and two 372xp's to do after that, i also ordered one of those holzfforma g372xp to tinker with and more for a learning experience, i want to get more into porting and it seems like there is a wealth of info about 372xp porting out there

I just did my first clamshell rebuild on a stihl 039 using a cross cylinder and pop up piston, did the muff mod and only has about 15 minutes of run time on it but wow what a strong saw for homeowner grade, i really enjoyed putting the saw together and seems like a real strong runner, just cleaned up the intake and exhaust port a little, nothing over the top i should get timing numbers to see where its at. I may even put an 044 HD16 carb on it.

Back