Husqvarna 350 (2007-01) Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmond ridge

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hello chainsaw enthusiasts,
i have been a lurker here for awhile reading all the nice posts and informations that i may gain. and this is my first post since i have signed up here.
i need someone to help me with the used saw that i bought. i have been trying to do little work on it as it hasn't been running perfectly well. i am just DIYer kind of kind of guy whenever things need mending. the chainsaw is a husqvarna 350 and eReplacement parts.com brands it as 2007-01 model. it is the one with the priming bulb which has 2 hoses on it, one nearly 6" long and the other is a short 1.5" connected to the choke side of the carburetor. the problem is, while i am trying to check the integrity of the 2 hoses connected to the priming bulb, the long one came off from somewhere at the far end below the carb therefore, what i thought would be a simple check up, ended up to the disassembly of the carburator. i have no idea where it came off from but on the right corner most of the carb compartment, there is a hole going down to the crankcase i believe that is exactly the same diameter as the hose i am pertaining to, i can only suspect that is where the hose got pulled off. the hose had a mark on the end like it had been connected to something or could it be just the neck when it is inserted there and made a difference in color due to different temperature. the inside diameter doesn't show mark that something got in there. looks pretty virgin hole to me. now my question, is this long hose connected to anything under the crankcase compartment or just simply inserted on the hole that i am referring to? i don't even want to think it is connected to a small pipe down the crankcase. it is a job i am still not prepared to get to right now. i hope it would just be as simple as sticking it down the hole in which i did. but while i pump the priming bulb, it fills that hose therefore it is throwing gas down below somewhere, so i am kind of afraid that i have to dismantle the cylinder and get that hose connected back again where it is supposed to. i tried and the saw started and ran without problem but stops on idle and when i hit the brake.
let me hear from you, did i do right thing or do i have to open up the cylinder and connect that hose under the crankcase? hope to hear from someone soon.

This is a 346 but your 350 is the same chassis. Take a flashlight and look up in this opening between the fuel tank/rear handle and carb box/crankcase. You'll see three connections to the fuel tank. Your hose connects to the one furthermost to the right looking at it from this angle.
20190814_124837.jpg

thanks for the prompt reply cuinrearview. i will check it out and i hope i would not have to dismantle the tank off as i have very limited tools and space to work at home.

wheeeew! i thought it will be by the crankcase. thanks for the guidance cuinrearview. i got it fixed already and now back to some other things to do. by the way the short hose from that priming bulb from the carburetor is broken already. it is a flexi hose with corrugation but i have replaced it with just the the plain fuel hose. i don't think there is anymore on fleabay of that kind. thanks

Back