Husqvarna 350- good or bad?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a version of one. It has a bolt on cylinder like a pro saw, but the crank is held between the plastic crankcase and a metal upper cap. I call that a clamshell of sorts. Although I'd much rather have that than a true clamshell.

:agree2: Yes - you can actually put a 346xp engine on it - but I don't know how long it would last with that......:)

It's a version of one. It has a bolt on cylinder like a pro saw, but the crank is held between the plastic crankcase and a metal upper cap. I call that a clamshell of sorts. Although I'd much rather have that than a true clamshell.

Interesting. Never heard of that before, but I agree better than a true clamshell. Plus you still have the advantages of a bolt of cyl. Any other saws use this setup?

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the one you had posted a week or so ago....it was very tempting. :)

One of the best homeowner saws. Used two of them for bucket work for many years. One took a flight after a bad cut and hit a road from about 60ft up. Smashed itself silly, destroying the side cover, the bar and the trigger mechanism. To its credit, that saw was still running when it when I picked it up off the road and shut it off. Switched out the broken bits with a parts saw from fleabay and that same saw is still running today. Dropped another on a bad cut from about 25ft up with no casutilies. Not a speed demond but it will get the job done. Weak points are the on/off switch becoming unclipped and muffler bolts rattling loose. Both of my 350’s have had the problem with the switch but I have never touched the muffler bolts on either. Great saw for the money.

I'm not tryin to trow salt in the wound...

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the one you had posted a week or so ago....it was very tempting. :)

I bought that saw frm Brad for a friend of mine..He didnt want a new saw,,or a expensive one like a 346xp..It was just gettin online at the right time,,and lookin on AS and there it was...Only feature diffrent than my 346xp is it didnt have a primer bulb,,,it didnt need one anyway...
First time I ever seen a 350 much less ran one,,and was suprised how snappy and quick it was for it to be a so called home owners saw...I fell in love with it,,and my friend wouldnt part with it ..I told him if he dont like it,,I'd buy it frm him,,but unfortunately for me,,he loves it.... :cheers:

Husqvarna 350

Mitt:

I have been using a 350 for about 9 years now, I did major opening of the muffler, threw away the carb limits retuned the carb and it is a great little saw.
I have since bought a 353, and a 346 thinking they were a lot better saws.
Can't say they are a helliva lot better than my old 350, they all run and cut pretty much the same, all very good saws.
That little 350 is one tough, hard working saw, gone through god knows how many bars, and chains, and she just keeps on going.

gtread

Mine sat on the shelf for the last year while I went crazy with my 7300 and 6401 but I had a bunch of small pines I needed to take down last week for a friend and fell back in love with it. It is a great little saw.

I love my little 350! Starts real easy, great balance with the 18" bar & .325 chain and makes quick work when limbing and cutting the 12" and under wood. And most important its easy on the back....:clap:

I absolutely LOVE mine too! Had mine about 5-ish years and just did a muff mod on it last year, Ohhh Baaaaby! What an improvement, and I've even got her runnin a little fat on the top end.

I'd love to have another one, or two! But I can't find them locally and they fetch a pretty good premium on Fleebay. I've seen really nice ones go over $200 an crapped out parts saws for over $80.

I'd Highly reccomend one, or two, or three, or ............

Back