Husqvarna 350 issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fosty97

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just put a 346 topend on my 350. It had a small air leak and iv narrowed it down to where the carb mounts to the boot. If you spray just a little carb cleaner right on the carb where it meets it will shut the saw off. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20200713_143008.jpg
    20200713_143008.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
Just put a 346 topend on my 350. It had a small air leak and iv narrowed it down to where the carb mounts to the boot. If you spray just a little carb cleaner right on the carb where it meets it will shut the saw off. Any ideas?
There is a metal ring that inserts the boot at the opening between the carb and the boot.

It almost looks like the partition wall isn't seated quite right into the carb box lip. Tough to tell from the angle and the way the pics zoom now.

Spray some soapy water around it, run it, and look for bubbles.
First off i want to say thank you for your help its much apperciated. Second i did nothing from the crank seals or base gasket. I vaccumed it too its with spec but if i spray carb cleaner right on the carb near that boot it chokes the saw out. I also rebuilt the carb with an oem kit.

First off i want to say thank you for your help its much apperciated. Second i did nothing from the crank seals or base gasket. I vaccumed it too its with spec but if i spray carb cleaner right on the carb near that boot it chokes the saw out. I also rebuilt the carb with an oem kit.
Low pressure air (5 PSI) and a bucket of water... look for bubbles...

You could have had a leak before you started. There are some extra mating surfaces of different materials in that bottom end. A set of Nachi bearings, a couple AM seals(one of the few places I use them), and a little sealant of your choice is relatively cheap insurance.

You could have had a leak before you started. There are some extra mating surfaces of different materials in that bottom end. A set of Nachi bearings, a couple AM seals(one of the few places I use them), and a little sealant of your choice is relatively cheap insurance.
I guess
I guess i should have stated it was a complete overhaul. New bearings and seals. I sealed the new 346 bearing cup after having it checked for being warped. I used motoseal for that. The jug has a base gasket and i sealed it with a very fine coat of 518 just enough to make it tacky. I used a new carb boot and bought the updated kit from husqvarna for the clamp. The carb was rebuilt with an oem walbro kit also. I used oem fuel line and oem for the impluse line also.

I guess

I guess i should have stated it was a complete overhaul. New bearings and seals. I sealed the new 346 bearing cup after having it checked for being warped. I used motoseal for that. The jug has a base gasket and i sealed it with a very fine coat of 518 just enough to make it tacky. I used a new carb boot and bought the updated kit from husqvarna for the clamp. The carb was rebuilt with an oem walbro kit also. I used oem fuel line and oem for the impluse line also.
IMO these saws, more than any, need to be checked for leaks in that bottom end. I suspect many of them out there are tuned slightly fat to cover up a small air leak.

IMO these saws, more than any, need to be checked for leaks in that bottom end. I suspect many of them out there are tuned slightly fat to cover up a small air leak.
I have seen alot of post about leaks but im at a loss here. Thats most of the reason i tore it all the way down was to make sure it was all sealed up. It wasnt burnt up either it was a running saw. Once again thank you for the help an advice. Iv rebuilt quite a few 2 strokes but none like this one.

Back