Husqvarna 350 issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You said it passed a vac test, I'm assuming you did it with the boot on, so it is ether leaking were the carb meets the boot or when you bolt it all up it''s pulling to one side and causing a leak at the cylinder flange. I would do another vac test and move the boot around a little while your doing the test. I would also check that the boot is setting right in the plastic flange. If it's leaking at the cylinder and the boot, and you can't get it to seal, you could try a little sealant around cylinder flange.

Makes a mess of things, but it leaves no doubts as to where the problem is!
What are you considering a "mess"? Positive pressure will keep any water out of the saw and the water on the outside can be blown off or just allowed to evaporate after the test.

You said it passed a vac test, I'm assuming you did it with the boot on, so it is ether leaking were the carb meets the boot or when you bolt it all up it''s pulling to one side and causing a leak at the cylinder flange. I would do another vac test and move the boot around a little while your doing the test. I would also check that the boot is setting right in the plastic flange. If it's leaking at the cylinder and the boot, and you can't get it to seal, you could try a little sealant around cylinder flange.
[/QUO
Ill try that and let you know how it goes!

What are you considering a "mess"? Positive pressure will keep any water out of the saw and the water on the outside can be blown off or just allowed to evaporate after the test.
Yep, just a pain to clean up the oil water combo after the test, I’ve used this method many times when everything else fails.

Oh, and don't forget to be sure those muffler bolts are tight as a drum. I have one 350 that never shows any tendency to loosen up, but the other one was persistent. This modified bracket was made from a 353 part that CuinRearView recommended:
Husky 350 Muf Mod.JPG
It works like a charm. Those bolts now stay put. I've seen entire chain brakes and the right side of the case burned out on 350s with loose muff bolts.

Oh, and don't forget to be sure those muffler bolts are tight as a drum. I have one 350 that never shows any tendency to loosen up, but the other one was persistent. This modified bracket was made from a 353 part that CuinRearView recommended:
View attachment 842468
It works like a charm. Those bolts now stay put. I've seen entire chain brakes and the right side of the case burned out on 350s with loose muff bolts.
Thanks! I will for sure do that i wouldnt want half my saw melted.

I think there are a lot of reasons for this,
so I would say you can read a few articles,
I read their articles very well all around.
Husqvarna 460 rancher review, 60.3 cc chainsaw!!!
Husqvarna 455 rancher review- Is it worth every penny!

ok.

I had a similar problem with a 357. Turned out to be a pin hole in the impulse line that was on the bottom of the boot. I also found spraying carb cleaner around the boot was misleading as it would get sucked up through the mesh in the bottom of the air cleaner (ended up removing the air cleaner & putting a tube on it to eliminate that).
I've also seen the boots on other saws deformed to the point of leaking from being over tightened.

I had a similar problem with a 357. Turned out to be a pin hole in the impulse line that was on the bottom of the boot. I also found spraying carb cleaner around the boot was misleading as it would get sucked up through the mesh in the bottom of the air cleaner (ended up removing the air cleaner & putting a tube on it to eliminate that).
I've also seen the boots on other saws deformed to the point of leaking from being over tightened.

You answered it. I figured it out but forgot to post it. The impluse line had a tiny pin hole. But i think you are right it does suck it up through the filter.

Glad you got it sorted. I went round in circles a few times with mine, the pin hole was near enough to the end of the line that the fitting on the vac/pressure tester went past it & it tested fine. Only found it after I replaced the hose & the problem disappeared.
It was also suffering some of the typical 357 carb issues at the time which didn't help things.

Latest posts

Back