Husqvarna 350 to 353 conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scandy14

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone done one of these? I did a few months back. I bought a 350 that needed a piston and decided to go with a Meteor piston for a 353. Did a muffler mod, using a 288xp deflector, and deleted the base gasket.

This little saw flat out rips now!

If anyone has considered doing it, I can recommend it.

Getting ready to do one myself.

I was thinkin of getting the kit myself Randy, but this cyl is still in great shape after I got what little transfer off it and cleaned up nice. The other 350 is 44mm, this one is 45mm without the primer bulb setup, so next one I get will be with the primer bulb, then I will have all 3 of the 350 types. Guess Im gettin alittle greedy with these 350's.

I thought the 350 would take the Husky 51 piston making it a flat top piston instead of the dished piston. That should raise compression and performance. I also see that the 353 is flat. All of them are 45mm. I like the 350s also, have about 3 of them.

Meteor brand?

Yep.

Meteor 353 goin in this one. Have a good one Bro. Gonna hit the woods while it's stopped raining, suppose to rain next 2 days again...I swear I think Ky. is turning into Oregon as much rain we been having.

I just got into a older 350. Flat top piston, has a 44 stamped top of cylinder. 165 psi, runs great. Just needed a fuel line. Does not have the zip of a 346xp! Proly goin to port it.

Anyone done one of these? I did a few months back. I bought a 350 that needed a piston and decided to go with a Meteor piston for a 353. Did a muffler mod, using a 288xp deflector, and deleted the base gasket.

That is a very common modification, and easy to do. Just remember to check the squish, when deleting the base gasket! :msp_smile:

I actually ran one of those conversions today. In fact it actually started out as a 340, but I added the cylinder base to allow the standard style jug.

Do the same muff mod and gasket delete with one of the early open port 44mm jugs and I think the results are even better. :clap:

Any of you guys ever stick a 028 super domed piston in a 350? Mine is sporting a gulf 353 piston, but if there is a domed piston that will slip in the cylinder.......................

Latest posts

Back