Husqvarna 353 - some help plz

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartDalb

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi all

Got myself a cheap Husqvarna 353 Saw.
Guy who had it said, it would die in idle and so he just sold it off cheaply.

Fine by me.

I have not been doing any real work on Husqvarna saws, apart from a 254xp and a 262xp, which does not have the design this "newer" 353 has.

Can anyone tell me, what the hell this broken weird part is, and how it fits?
See pictures.

It came right off when I took off the carburator. I can't tell how or where it fits.... other than the hose part fits and sat on the little "stud"., but whats the burned/melted part supposed to sit on?

Thanks for all help! 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

ok, update.

I'm betting it's the intake manifol, impulse part.
See new pictures.

But I can't find the item replacement part/number.

says 544 45 29 ?? (the last part has been broken/melted off)

any help? :)

Attachments

• DSC_2298.JPG
    DSC_2298.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
  • DSC_2301.JPG
    DSC_2301.JPG
    831.6 KB · Views: 16
Almost certain that is part nr.

Part nr. 544 45 29-01
and the tube that fits
Part nr. 544 32 51-01

Part is broken off, tube is melted and so is the stud fitting, which makes sense why it won't idle right?

Almost certain that is part nr.

Part nr. 544 45 29-01
and the tube that fits
Part nr. 544 32 51-01

Part is broken off, tube is melted and so is the stud fitting, which makes sense why it won't idle right?

MartDalb, these are the parts you are looking for. Your part numbers are right.
1591599085636.png

That's the pre-ceeded partition with the integrated plastic clamp. Those can't be purchased anymore, not that anyone would want to.
I have a sneaky suspicion that my 353 saw does not have that integrated plastic cap. However, I can't verify without taking it down (from a shelf). It's too hot and humid around here to cut until the next cold wave comes through.

Update with a new question.
First off the saw runs perfectly now.
Thanks alot for the help.

But, it was leaking oil badly, so I am currently waiting for the oil line replacements.

But then it struck me.
How that triobrake thing works, never had My hands on this triothingy. So i tried using it on this saw, doesnt work. :rare2::(
Sooo what the hell is missing on this saw that it wont trigger the brake?
The regular chain break works fine, but not that fancy handguard brake.

Any help?
Pictures Attached.

Attachments

• DSC_2482.JPG
    DSC_2482.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC_2485.JPG
    DSC_2485.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 14
I wonder if the saw was put together with pieces or what the hell I am missing here...

looked through the IPL on the triobrake system, doesn't look like anthing is missing.
Ill buy a beer for whoever explains this shi...t so even I can understand what's going on with this brake thingy. :dumb:

Wonder if the wear/worn Husqvarna Model Plate on the picture has anything to do with it, is the metal spring supposed to "rub" on that plate like that... :reading:

Back