• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Brett, it runs even better;). The treemonkey YouTube video don't lie!
I expected that :).
I've posted that video quite a few times, at least one person said it was a waste of time, maybe, but it works.
sweet saw tim ...must be low use rental these 357/359 saws are very nice. at this price it will be gone FAST ...in my humble opinion ........;) sorry Brett its the (saying of the month) ..lol
:nofunny: :laugh:.

at least one person said it was a waste of time, maybe, but it works
...........I also dis-agree I thought it was a very good video .........the "my honest opinion " just stuck with me .....
back to this saw even the cases are in excellent shape no chipping or paint loss most rental saws are abused...this one is a rare find ...got a couple of home-depo
dcs 6421 Makita saws a bit back that also were in exceptional shape also.... glws ..............

2007 model. I would assume cat muffler as well. I see this question on many threads for these saws. More so than other models. Is this cat muffler particularly awful compared to others?
I've ran a lot of them with the cat in them as well as the little brothers/cousins the 353/346 and the 2152/2153 and never had a single problem with one. I've seen so many post that would make you think that if you ran one with it it would blow up in a matter of minutes, I have no idea why people post that. Just as with any other saw the saw must be tuned properly and then run the heck out of it.
It also may or may not have an actual cat muffler on it, many have been changed out, or maybe the gas cap was changed out.
A cat muffler in no way makes this a deal breaker in my mind.
If you are coming through the area let me know and we can make a few videos of it cutting.
The 359 is one of the best values for a one saw firewooding saw, not that I'm a proponent of a one saw plan :laugh:.
Whomever that was does not think logically. I watched the video and it makes sense. I'm guessing it's even more needed when people swap 199s into 346s and 2152/3s..
It does, and I agree, wonder why his little huskys run so mean ;).

The cats in my 5105s got pretty warm, and made noises when you shut them down. That said I think people preferred the non cat 5100 mufflers because they flowed better. Just wasn't sure if this was the case here. I didn't notice any excessive heat or noise when I ran this saw.

Latest posts

Back