Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys I got the fuel vent in tonight threw it in there fired it up and it would idle then bog on throttle. Messed with low screw on wabro no luck then threw the zama back in with a little adjustments here and there seems to be running good! Didn’t run it that long once i adjusted it but engine was warm and seem to idle and throtle good.

So after all the parts I put into it I think the main issue was that the fuel vent was no good. Hopefully everything runs smooth from here. Thanks for all the suggestions!

well i return.... it ran for a little then same problems. after f'ing with carb for a little i decided to try and run it with fuel cap off and guess what runs like a dream!!!! so i dont understand why the fuel vent didnt fix the issue. why does it run good with gas cap open? is it still running out of air or something else? someone told me maybe gas filter but im skeptical

Sounds like you got a bad tank vent. You can pressure test the tank just like you can test an engine. I've bought new tank vents before that were bad so I know it's possible..
Hmm ok there seemed to be nothing wrong with the vent but I guess you never know. Just hate to drop another 10 bucks on a stupid vent that might not do anything

Crack in the fuel lines? Runs well til it gets hot, or till the fuel level gets below the crack? Tiling the saw with the cap off, might be cover the crack with fuel, allowing it to run like a “dream.” 359 fuel lines come out of the right side of the tank if I remember correct.

A plugged vent line can cause several different problems that's for sure but it definitely seems like you have more problems than just that. Seems to me like it sucking air from some where

Latest posts

Back