HUSQVARNA 365 sp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here in the US, we have the 362XP and the 365. Both are rated @ 4.6 HP. I am not sure why husky sells them both because they are pretty close price wise. I am guessing it is the a marketing guys job to confuse the consumers.

Mike

The prices weren't close originally, the 362xp was too close to the 371xp/372xp in price really, to be a big seller.

*video* and pics of my 365sp

ok lads said i would show a video of this saw starting and running,it was bought around 3months ago
serial number says it was late 2010model,shop assistant said it was basicly sitting on shelf in shop sinse late 2010
as he had around 5 of 365sp alone.

anyway here is a quick video if it running :

Dailymotion - husqvarna 365sp - a Tech & Science video

and some pictures in next reply.

cheers
dan

pictures of 365sp husqvarna

few pics of my 365sp

SAM_2211.jpg

SAM_2210.jpg

SAM_2212.jpg

SAM_2213.jpg

SAM_2214.jpg

SAM_2218.jpg

SAM_2209.jpg

SAM_2219.jpg

The large (HD) filter and cover really is an option on the 372xp as well, even though it is more or less standard in the US. At least the older 365s lacks the quick realease filter cover, and have an open port cylinder and a lower capasity Zama carb.
I believe the "Special" designation mainly was about the change to a side access chain tensioner, and didn't coincide exactly with the other changes.....

Sorry troll, I'll have to correct you a bit on the early 365! My 1998 has open port cylinder, standard chain tensioner, zama carb and TOOLLESS air filter cover! Guess 98 is quite early?

Bought it used, looked almost new! But after a month or so, the crankshaft started to have play! So I re-build it! With a 372xp top end, and the real walbro 372xp carb. Nice saw for bucking and feelling!

so the above saw i posted,2010 late 365sp what sort of porting does this have
i hear it's not much differnt to the 72 version.

are they closed port i think isn't it,and what's the differnce in this porting work

Sorry troll, I'll have to correct you a bit on the early 365! My 1998 has open port cylinder, standard chain tensioner, zama carb and TOOLLESS air filter cover! Guess 98 is quite early?

Bought it used, looked almost new! But after a month or so, the crankshaft started to have play! So I re-build it! With a 372xp top end, and the real walbro 372xp carb. Nice saw for bucking and feelling!

Parts could well have been replaced on a 1998 saw - another thing is that the details tended to vary between markets - for all I know the closed port engine could be on the EPA saws only?

A 1998 one is an early one.

Parts could well have been replaced on a 1998 saw - another thing is that the details tended to vary between markets - for all I know the closed port engine could be on the EPA saws only?

A 1998 one is an early one.

The stamp in the top cover says 97!

i can't understand then why anybody would want higher cc than 65cc
i know the extra power is nice but to me 65cc is more than enough,i can't imagine trying to hold the weight of
any thing bigger...

i have cut massive trees with mine and it's no problem,saw is more than man enough for the job!

logger 12345

i can't understand then why anybody would want higher cc than 65cc
i know the extra power is nice but to me 65cc is more than enough,i can't imagine trying to hold the weight of
any thing bigger...

i have cut massive trees with mine and it's no problem,saw is more than man enough for the job!

I actually agree with you, except in larger wood and if a professional logger. More CCs' faster cut, time = money. You could almost say the same about the 346xp, as it'll do anything most folks need to do.

Also, the 365 is basically the same size / weight as the 372xp and xpw, 71 and 75cc. So more CCs' and same weight. CCs' =power.

Personally I want the most power from a certain size/class of saw I can get. :msp_smile:

Cs' =power.

Personally I want the most power from a certain size/class of saw I can get. :msp_smile:[/QUOTE]

good point,i actually regret not getting a 385xp when i went about it,but now as i have had trial
with the 65 it's more than i will ever need!!

BUT...i did make a mistake with my above statement,i can fully understand some lads going 70cc + up to 120 cc
it's all in the wood,i cut mostly soft woods,with occasional hardwood,but i can bet that if i started cutting hard woods
like oak or hickory, i bet the 65 with a 28" bar wouldn't measure up!!! she would bog too much..

im lucky cause the 65 i use rarely sees very hard woods,it does cut ash as fast as pine/spruce
to be honest the most popular wood i cut is spruce and that is a dream for this saw,it is really soft
i can run 24" bar all day long with big spruce trees & ash and it's more than man enough.

like i say if i had to encounter massive (hardwood) trees then i would definatly consider
a big giant like husky110cc to add to my current collection of ONE saw... LOL

Last edited:
My 365

I bought a used 365 with closed ports and a scared up cylinder and piston off of ebay for $175.00
Cleaned up the cylinder and coated a new piston with dry film lube on the skirts and thermal barrier on the piston top, it was a closed port, so I ported the transfer ports an polished the exh. without changing its size, roughed up the intake port and left off the cylinder gasket, ported the muffler size out to the size of the deflector and added another heat shield and gasket on the muffler for a total of two each ( cylinder runs cooler), advanced the ign. timing. Compression is 180# and this thing has so much power and throttle responce its almost to fun to run. It pulls a 8 pin sprocket with a 20" bar and chisel chain like a 372 with a 7 pin 18". I've raced a few stock or just above stock 372's and there not even close. Have some fun!!!!!!!!!

just got another brand new chain today for it,this should get me through all 2012 as the one that
is on it is perfect too.
can't beat the cutting power of a new chain.

is any tests been done on 365 vs 375-385
would be intrested to see or hear what's the differnce between them if any!!!

just got another brand new chain today for it,this should get me through all 2012 as the one that
is on it is perfect too.

I've run the 365 vs 039 stihl, both with sharp chains and I can make 1-3/4 cuts in 10" oak to it's 1. I can cut 1-1/4 to a muffler mod. 372. I just fixed up a 288xp for a friend of mine and didn't test it with the 365, but I did put both of them in a 36" oak at diffrent times and cound'nt tell any diffrence other then if you let the rpm drop in the cut the 288 would recover a little faster.
The key to the mod. 365 is let it scream run a 8 pin sprocket and a sharp chain. it'll chunk wood 10'

cairo logger,agreed that's the sprocket i am actually using right now as far as i know.

just used the brand new chain today,not much of a differnce compared to my old chain i edge myself!!!
other than a slightly more balanced cut due to all the teeth and rakers been new,obviously slightly faster and more
consistant cutting too.

an oregan chain i got again as it's all the local husky dealer stocks.

i wouldn't mind in time (around 6-7 years) getting a brand new 72cc cylinder kit for it and rebuild it myself
although i have the confidence in this saw that it would never need it.

maintained correct the 365 would serve you for a long long time without any major requirments!

is on it is perfect too.

The difference is significant. The vids I have are mostly Douglas Fir, which I doubt you would have cut very much of. Here is Dave's video of him up in Wicklow with a ported 372xp in Beech:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/isBio7g4vgg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And a ported MS441 in Beech:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B18GtJrAqt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back