Husqvarna 365 to 372xp build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdntbone303

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got an original first edition with the square intake Husqvarna 365 and open port cylinder here that I found. Its resting place was in a barn on a bench in pieces where it sat for many years. It had a snapped piston skirt(think I got that wording right) anyways it is now on my work bench in the basement with a bunch of new parts that were missing. I was planning on just rebuilding as a 365 closed port but ran across a video on youtube by fleetcommand upgrading a 365 special to a 372 and that has given me the bug. My first question is this what is the difference between the one ring and 2 ring pistons for this saw?

Alot of parts are ordered to do the conversion. Missing any?
- Aftermarket farmertec walbro HD12 to replace Zama c3m
- Round intake manifold. I see there is a oval intake cylinder available too. Any performance difference between the oval and round intakes/cylinders?
- Round clamp(just incase)
- 372 air filter elbow and HD filter
- taller 372 air filter top cap
Just missing a 50mm nikisil cylinder with piston and a caber ring(s)

Got an original first edition with the square intake Husqvarna 365 and open port cylinder here that I found. Its resting place was in a barn on a bench in pieces where it sat for many years. It had a snapped piston skirt(think I got that wording right) anyways it is now on my work bench in the basement with a bunch of new parts that were missing. I was planning on just rebuilding as a 365 closed port but ran across a video on youtube by fleetcommand upgrading a 365 special to a 372 and that has given me the bug. My first question is this what is the difference between the one ring and 2 ring pistons for this saw?
One ring pistons have a 1.5mm ring and 2 ring has 1.2mm. It's about what you want. 2 rings are epa saws. I have never notice a difference in running, but I am also sure many have.
Everyone has an preference. If you put that closed ported p/c up for sale and it clean, people will be all over it. Talk to @huskihl he ports these saws, may convince you to keep that closed 365.

One ring pistons have a 1.5mm ring and 2 ring has 1.2mm. It's about what you want. 2 rings are epa saws. I have never notice a difference in running, but I am also sure many have.
Everyone has an preference. If you put that closed ported p/c up for sale and it clean, people will be all over it. Talk to @huskihl he ports these saws, may convince you to keep that closed 365.
It is an open port oem 365 cylinder. I was reading open port has less power then closed

I prefer the Zama c3M “twin Jet” on a ported saw. Rich @Poleman has had good luck modifying them to flow better than the Walbro. I got good gains on my saw just from him drilling and tuning the jets on the Zama.
The Walbro HD12 is an EPA version of the HD6: slightly smaller Venturi. But pretty dead nuts reliable on a stock saw.

Walt @AFleetCommand can answer any questions you have.

Back