Husqvarna 365 Top End Replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil171

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi again. Quick little question, if I may. This is for a friend at work. He told me today that he has a Husqvarna 365 Special chainsaw that needs piston and cylinder. He was quoted $500 CAD at the local shop for replacement parts. Would anyone recommend using aftermarket parts to repair this, or best to use factory. If using aftermarket parts, where would one recommend buying them from. I will pass the information on to him. Thank you for any help.

More than likely the cylinder can be saved. If not it shouldn't be too hard to find a good used OEM one since a lot of people go to a 50mm 372 cylinder on those. For a piston you could probably find used OEM but a new Meteor brand piston is just as good as OEM and cheap. In summmary:

Cylinder: clean up yours or buy used OEM
Piston: Meteor
All other hoses/bearings/seals: OEM

You should be able to pick everything up for around $125 USD. We can walk you through a re-build and/or lots of vids on youtube.

Great, thank you. I will pass this information along to him. From there, it will be up to him. It was honestly more about teh brand of aftermarket piston/and or cylinder I was after.

$150 Mahle p/c oem, $25 case bearings (nice ones, no junk), $10 gasket set, $15 oem fuel-impule-filter, $10 Motoseal, done if saw is complete. May not need that much.

Great, thank you all for the help given for my friend. I will give him the information tomorrow morning at work. I will try and talk him into signing up here as there is a great wealth of knowledge and friendly people here willing to help others out. Thanks again for all your time.

Thanks guys. So first thing this morning I told him about all teh help given and showed him the links for where he could buy the stuff, then he told me that after talking to me yesterday, it revived his want to fix the saw so he stopped at teh local dealer in his hometown and ordered a piston only for $100 CAD. The he said he should have waited till today after he heard and saw the replies and prices you greatfully shared. So we'll see. He said the cylinder was decent, but would hone it a bit before installing the new piston. As I do not have any experience in this, I was wondering if it was decent, why would one hone it? ANyways, thank you all again for your help from both him and I.

Thanks guys. So first thing this morning I told him about all teh help given and showed him the links for where he could buy the stuff, then he told me that after talking to me yesterday, it revived his want to fix the saw so he stopped at teh local dealer in his hometown and ordered a piston only for $100 CAD. The he said he should have waited till today after he heard and saw the replies and prices you greatfully shared. So we'll see. He said the cylinder was decent, but would hone it a bit before installing the new piston. As I do not have any experience in this, I was wondering if it was decent, why would one hone it? ANyways, thank you all again for your help from both him and I.
If he's using one of those spring loaded hones, he might take the plating off the cylinder. I'm not speaking from experience, just what I've read.

Back