Husqvarna 365 with 52mm upgrade will not stay running.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlemountain

Reaction score
Hello all; First let me say that I am new to the saw building scene. Now on to the issue.
I built Husqvarna 365 from a kit that I purchased from HLSupply. For reasons that are unimportant to the current issue, The cylinder got badly scored. So I decided to upgrade from the 50mm to a 52mm cylinder and piston. After installing the new setup, the saw will not stay running. I can get it stated if I hold the throttle in a bit, but as soon as I let off and the RPMs drop below 3k it stops.
Also; I noticed that the exhaust is much smokier than it was with the 50mm cylinder (smells different too). The squish was around 50 thousands so I removed the base gasket which got it down to around an acceptable 40 thousandths, but there was very little improvement.
Really not sure what to do next. Any ideas or advice? Is there some basic mod that I missed?
Thank you for any time or input.

The scored cylinder is very important. What caused it to score and has this issue been resolved?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatal
The scored cylinder is very important. What caused it to score and has this issue been resolved?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
The first cylinder got scored when a piece of helicoil that was fixing a bad spark plug port broke off and fell in. So that issue was resolved when i put the new setup on.

Gotcha. I see your point of unrelated issue now, but I had to ask because most scoring comes from straight gas, air leaks or improper tune. Some folks will just replace the cylinder and not know why it scored in the first place.
I'm no expert but it sounds like a carb tune issue.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Back