Husqvarna 371xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TennesseeTrent

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guy I wanted to get yalls overall opinion on the 371xp. I’ve got the option to buy a pretty nice one for $300. It sounds like a good deal to me. He said everything is OEM and that it runs perfect. I’ll make sure to check the piston and compression before I buy it.

Assuming everything checks out. I want to know what y’all think of it. Currently my biggest saw is a ms362 and I wanted something a little bigger for bucking some bigger logs where a 20” just won’t quite do it. Is this a highly thought of saw at all? Is it still strong by today’s standards (it’s 71cc 5.4hp i think)? How is the anti-vibe? And anything else I should know about it would be greatly appreciated. I’ll post some pictures as well, they’re not the best quality but it’s something at least.

1602971870261.png.

1602971850358.jpeg

this is a awesome sauce saw , yes 71cc single ring compared to some of the 372xp (2 ring ) if or if not oem....... oem preferred ....... buy it and return it to oem...at $300 you cant go wrong smooth saw you will love it will run a 28 inch bar great ...or longer in a pinch , runs spectacular with a 20/24 one of the best saws made ........ i see the id plate is missing near/above the oil fill cap , make sure its not a chink-anies copy ........no offense to the china people just saying .....thanks for the corona virus just what we needed.....

this is a awesome sauce saw , yes 71cc single ring compared to some of the 372xp (2 ring ) if or if not oem....... oem preferred ....... buy it and return it to oem...at $300 you cant go wrong smooth saw you will love it will run a 28 inch bar great ...or longer in a pinch , runs spectacular with a 20/24 one of the best saws made ........ i see the id plate is missing near/above the oil fill cap , make sure its not a chink-anies copy ........no offense to the china people just saying .....thanks for the corona virus just what we needed.....
Thank you for the reply. I was really hoping that it was a well thought of saw. But I’m pretty new into this world and trying to learn from you guys who know a lot more than I do at this point. I’ve never really understood the difference in a single or double ring piston. My buddy who is a saw mechanic told me that a single ring is going to produce more torque generally but may not last as long as a double... But that’s all that I “know” about them. I think I’m going to go ahead and buy it for sure. $300 for a 70cc that’s in the condition it’s in seems like a no-brainer to me but I wanted to see what the site thought of them first. Oh by the way it is powerhead only at $300.

also is there an easy way to quickly identify that it’s a real husky? I’m not partial to either brand, own husky and stihl but I’m not 100% sure what to look for.

Thank you for the reply. I was really hoping that it was a well thought of saw. But I’m pretty new into this world and trying to learn from you guys who know a lot more than I do at this point. I’ve never really understood the difference in a single or double ring piston. My buddy who is a saw mechanic told me that a single ring is going to produce more torque generally but may not last as long as a double... But that’s all that I “know” about them. I think I’m going to go ahead and buy it for sure. $300 for a 70cc that’s in the condition it’s in seems like a no-brainer to me but I wanted to see what the site thought of them first. Oh by the way it is powerhead only at $300.

also is there an easy way to quickly identify that it’s a real husky?
Look for EM cast into parts. That saw should be a mahle cylinder.

also is there an easy way to quickly identify that it’s a real husky?
seems a rivet is still in .....where the number plate was ..........just make sure it is not a chIna (copy or... stolen) remove the top cover and look for oem markings on the cylinder ( mahle) should be stamped near the base left or recoil side ?

seems a rivet is still in .....where the number plate was ..........just make sure it is not a chIna (copy or... stolen)_ remove the top cover and look for oem markings on the cylinder ( mahle) should be stamped near the base left side ?
Okay this will be the first thing I do. Thank you.

Okay this will be the first thing I do. Thank you.
Agree, also 371 vs 372 is not about number of rings. It's number of gussets in clutch side case. Either could be 1-2 rings, EPA saw will be 2 ring.
please explain the gussets ? the ring thing i get single ring on early non epa saws/ models ...thanks sir ....by the way Trent, Duce is a wealth of knowledge on husq/ saws.

please explain the gussets ? the ring thing i get single ring on early non epa saws/ models ...thanks sir ....by the way Trent, Duce is a wealth of knowledge on husq/ saws.
Gusset is a support for bearing pocket area on clutch side. When first 371s came out, they had some case cracking issues around bearing. They added an extra gusset to support that area making them a 372. And r black knows about them. He can also type faster.

Gusset is a support for bearing pocket area on clutch side. When first 371s came out, they had some case cracking issues around bearing. They added an extra gusset to support that area making them a 372. And r black knows about them. He can also type faster.
got ya thanks

Back