Husqvarna 372xp Chainsaw carb setting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mplogging

Reaction score
Hi all
new to the forum, just registered.

We run a small firewood business in North ireland, we have two saws a Husky 372xp and 254xpg.

The 372xp has recently had a seizure , due to old age, the crank bearings were replaced and new piston and clutch.

The saw now seems to be running too rich, idles perfect but when under load the drowns a bit, a bit smoky too.

Anyone have a guess what this could be , if needed i could post a video on the site, to show whats happening.

were runnning 25:1
1hr on new piston and rings
checked the pipe from crankcase to carb
installed new fuel line
air filter cleaned
regards

The shop may have it rich for break in. Run a couple tanks then ease it down a bit.

Then listen to the real experts here.

:)

Maybe 25:1 is too rich.

Welcome to the site.

JMO, I think 25:1 is a bit too rich. I run 40:1 in my saws with synthetic oil. I would think that 32:1 would provide more than enough protection.

If the saw is bogging and smoking in the cut, it does sound like its need to be leaned out. Turn the H screw clockwise a little bit and make a cut. Keep adjusting till you get it right. Id adjust it to just where it cleans up in the wood. I don't know if your 372 will have a rev limited coil or not, but if it don't it would be easier to tune it by ear than in the wood.I think so anyways.

info on H/L screw on 372xp carb

Hi

thanks for the info,

Today while useing the saw it was using a lot of fuel, more than normal.... as stated above do i only adjust the H screw or the L screw. The carb is a walbro, somebody told me to adjust the saw under load is this necesary.

regards

If it starts well, doesn't hesitate to take throttle, doesn't puddle fuel at idle, etc., I would leave the L side alone. If it is crazy rich, sounds like it is, lean it out so it cleans up well in the cut. Make sure the wood size you tune in is appropriate for what the saw will be cutting. You don't need to turn the screws while cutting if that is what you mean by "under load".

Back