• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 372XP Ventmaster Saws - $450 Great Shape

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwinzlo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,
I finally got a chance to list some of the saws for sale that I had recently purchased off a large city fire department. I have approximately 20-25 good running 372XP Ventmaster chainsaws. They are not XPW's or XPG's. They have the full wrap handles and the ventmaster bar which has a slide to adjust cutting depth (which I'm sure is useless to just about everybody but rescue personnel). They also have the carbide demolition chain set up on a .404 pitch, which I believe the chain is .063. I have compression tested several cold and I am getting a reading between 140-150 psi on every saw. They run great, although I have not taken them out in the woods. I am asking between $400-$450 per powerhead and $450-$500 with bar and chain, shipping not included. Price is firm, I have little room to wiggle. It looks as if the majority of these saws were lightly used, but none look abused. Will potentially ship to the 48 contiguous US states. I am located in Moorefield, WV but I also left some saws at my brother's place in Philippi, WV if that is closer to you. Thanks for looking. Message me with any questions you may have. Pics uploaded are the neighbor's saw he bought from me and revamped and one with the ventmaster bar to show average condition of all saws.

Attachments

• 372-2.JPG
    372-2.JPG
    658.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 372XP.JPG
    372XP.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 234
Welcome to AS J.
Seems a good way to list would be to list each individual saw with pictures and details. You will have an easier time keeping everything straight and buyers will know exactly what they are getting. If you want to list mutlples I'd also number them so I didn't mix them up.
Have fun, and GLWS.
Brett

This is a tall task. Good luck with the sale. What are you doing to verify each unit is as you say?
I have 1-40 number decals and I am cleaning them up, numbering them, taking videos and pics, compression testing (with pics) and going to list them for sale. If anyone is interested, all the information will be provided reflecting a specific numbered saw. Just figured if someone was interested they could contact me and I would go from there.

Welcome to AS J.
Seems a good way to list would be to list each individual saw with pictures and details. You will have an easier time keeping everything straight and buyers will know exactly what they are getting. If you want to list mutlples I'd also number them so I didn't mix them up.
Have fun, and GLWS.
Brett
Thanks for the insight. I believe that is a great idea. I will work on gathering up info on all, but do not want to make a huge for sale post either.

Thanks for the insight. I believe that is a great idea. I will work on gathering up info on all, but do not want to make a huge for sale post either.
It can be a bit confusing for sure, and can waste time on both sides.
I try to keep it simple and don't normally list a bunch. When I list multiples of the same saw I usually have one without the bar and one with and give two descriptions so there is confusion.
Listing mutiple saws in one ad can get messy quick .one of the worst I seen was someone selling 4-500 saws :eek:, there was a lot going on in that thread :dizzy:.

Hello from a fellow Mountaineer OP, post up
Some listings, who knows I might be interested in one. A nice 372 is on my wish list.

Nice and pretty rare actually. It only takes 1 sold to a member that has been on here for a good amount of time that has made previous deals and he will help you sell them. Good luck and you owe none of the trading post vultures any explanation.

You're going to need better pictures from all sides of the saw.

Yes, I know. It’s just getting the time to clean them up and get them labeled. It’s been so wet here that any day it isn’t raining I’m chasing my rear on work on the farm. Coming soon, will probably just make a completely new ad.

Like I said in the PM I sent you, if you come down in price people won’t care so much about the details of the saw.

Gotta be more than a little. If you got them for a good deal, and have a mound of them, $300 shipped pho and they’ll fly out of your garage

Gotta be more than a little. If you got them for a good deal, and have a mound of them, $300 shipped pho and they’ll fly out of your garage
He said a little and he meant it, I saw what they went for, not a great deal, decent, but he also took all the risk and laid out a lot of cash, not like a couple hundred dollars either lol.
I try not to criticize guys prices(but I will comment when they ask), I appreciate that they let people know where they are at. Many times I have to sell for a set price as I don't like loosing money, but if I use a saw more(on a job) then I can drop the price or if I get a deal on another saw I'll drop the price on a different one and let it average out. I sold a couple real nice 372's a couple yrs ago(?) for 450, they went fast and I was fine with it because I got a deal on one that was very clean so it worked out great for everyone.
I’d buy all running great condition 372s anyone had for $300 to my front door.
I'm game too lol.

Just take pictures of one from the sides and front and the bottom and get the ball rolling, it doesn't have to be all cleaned up and pretty if the pictures are good we can tell the condition/use most times. Compression and piston pictures would be great also as your not familiar with any of these saws.

Here is one.

Attachments

• BC2AC752-3947-4365-9C33-7F7F77F3F7E9.jpeg
    BC2AC752-3947-4365-9C33-7F7F77F3F7E9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
  • 1D9922FB-6462-4FBB-9F06-34945FF7376B.jpeg
    1D9922FB-6462-4FBB-9F06-34945FF7376B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
  • 1538F593-35D1-4571-9944-B3E3195CF2B1.jpeg
    1538F593-35D1-4571-9944-B3E3195CF2B1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
  • F4DAD0BE-4D3D-48ED-B32E-3420DA8EFF37.jpeg