• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 372XP Ventmaster Saws - $450 Great Shape

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is another that’s going on eBay.

Attachments

• 18961AC6-2AEC-4BEE-B1BA-67F8F1720710.jpeg
    18961AC6-2AEC-4BEE-B1BA-67F8F1720710.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • D4FA0874-5F94-4CD0-999E-88FF99688DC8.jpeg
    D4FA0874-5F94-4CD0-999E-88FF99688DC8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
  • B8DB3E17-691A-46F1-B4F4-153C848BA0BF.jpeg
    B8DB3E17-691A-46F1-B4F4-153C848BA0BF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
He said a little and he meant it, I saw what they went for, not a great deal, decent, but he also took all the risk and laid out a lot of cash, not like a couple hundred dollars either lol.
I try not to criticize guys prices(but I will comment when they ask), I appreciate that they let people know where they are at. Many times I have to sell for a set price as I don't like loosing money, but if I use a saw more(on a job) then I can drop the price or if I get a deal on another saw I'll drop the price on a different one and let it average out. I sold a couple real nice 372's a couple yrs ago(?) for 450, they went fast and I was fine with it because I got a deal on one that was very clean so it worked out great for everyone.

I'm game too lol.

Just take pictures of one from the sides and front and the bottom and get the ball rolling, it doesn't have to be all cleaned up and pretty if the pictures are good we can tell the condition/use most times. Compression and piston pictures would be great also as your not familiar with any of these saws.

Thank you for this comment. Even my friends want everything I buy for the price I got it for. What if I would have ended up with several thousand dollars worth of parts saws that I didn’t even know what model they were? I took the risk, I’m just trying to reap a little reward. I think the prices are fair.

Attachments

• A8DD54CB-3C16-436F-A28D-0AF909BF5197.jpeg
    A8DD54CB-3C16-436F-A28D-0AF909BF5197.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
I'm not saying its not a fair price. This is what Im saying. Let's say you bought 25 saws for $2000. If you landed $300 in your pocket per saw your'e making $5500 of profit. At that price people will all around want less from you which means less work, less risk. Or sell them at market value, clean them up, inspect them thoroughly, run them, take detailed pictures, be ready to answer any questions, be ready to give refunds if there's an issue.

But I don't know your situation so good luck with sales and have a good weekend.

Here is one.
Just simple pictures from the side are nice too, not taken at odd angles.
That one looks like it's got low hrs, just a good amount of riding in a side box.
This one has an oe style wrap handle which many like over the new larger smooth wrap handles. Not sure it was a a leftover or if the handlebar was swapped from another saw.
Thank you for this comment. Even my friends want everything I buy for the price I got it for. What if I would have ended up with several thousand dollars worth of parts saws that I didn’t even know what model they were? I took the risk, I’m just trying to reap a little reward. I think the prices are fair.
I get it.

Excuse my ignorance, but can you just put a regular bar and chain on one of these vent saws without some kind of conversion bracket? Is the term vent saw just a name for what they were used for and not any kind of special saw type?

Yes, you need to change the rim sprocket from a .404 to your desired pitch. Also, add a set of dogs and you are good to go.

Excuse my ignorance, but can you just put a regular bar and chain on one of these vent saws without some kind of conversion bracket? Is the term vent saw just a name for what they were used for and not any kind of special saw type?
Yes, a regular bar can be put on them.
Most have a depth gauge for the bar and a protector on the front of them(remove this too and add felling spikes) along with a d-ring style pull handle that helps them to be run with large gloves on. Some of the earlier models also had different air filters, but I don't see that these do.

I'm just curious. Some of the carbide chain Efco 980's I have had an internal water system through the oil tank. It was instead of the conventional oil pump. Can't tell by the pic's on your saw's configurations if they have this or are a true oiler system? Any info would help before saying they are convertible. TG

I'm just curious. Some of the carbide chain Efco 980's I have had an internal water system through the oil tank. It was instead of the conventional oil pump. Can't tell by the pic's on your saw's configurations if they have this or are a true oiler system? Any info would help before saying they are convertible. TG

Pretty much states whatever husqvarna uses, this saw uses. It’s just a 372xp with a different bar.

Attachments

• 0BE03222-FC53-4D6A-960F-9C24C9E60CC4.jpeg
    0BE03222-FC53-4D6A-960F-9C24C9E60CC4.jpeg
    459.4 KB · Views: 35
So are these OE's, XT's, or a mix of both?
As far as price $400-$500 is perfectly in the neighborhood for any good used 372. On ebay he could probably get closer to $600 for most of them

I don't really need another 372, but I kind of like the wordage...

So are these OE's, XT's, or a mix of both?
As far as price $400-$500 is perfectly in the neighborhood for any good used 372. On ebay he could probably get closer to $600 for most of them

I don't really need another 372, but I kind of like the wordage...
Just one x-torq, the rest are 03 xp

Just one x-torq, the rest are 03 xp
These two are both xtorq saws, different saw, or did you swap the handles?
Asking because you said there is only one xt.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.53.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.53.14 PM.png
    569.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.56.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.56.07 PM.png
    770.3 KB · Views: 34
These two are both xtorq saws, different saw, or did you swap the handles?
Asking because you said there is only one xt.

Yes, I swapped handles. This is a 365HD (71cc) x torq, I have 2. These 2 are not for sale, but I have one 372 x torq for sale. Just put picture up to show how clean some of these saws are.

I’d buy all running great condition 372s anyone had for $300 to my front door.
I am not stirring any pots here I buy them all day long here on east coast from 50 to 300 in a box or running condition have over 20 in shop for parts loaner or whatever one of my favorite saws I get on this form time to time to search for a needle in a haystack and can not believe how many people pay some of the prices they do for a "USED" SAW with the word of someone that is probably 3rd 4 5th owner of I laugh alot especially on the big saws new saw prices if you have ever bought a new saw and I know most have go back ten years when that 372 94 120 or 660 and list goes on how much did you pay for them I got purchase orders with numbers to show how much I pays and sold saws for the past 20years incredible supply in demand

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back