Husqvarna 390 Recoil Starter Woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct rewind, check part number, center screw tight, fiddled with it shifting it around while pulling and releasing pull cord? Coil tight and air conductor in correct position? 537003871

Part number is correct. I’ve tried moving it around and it didn’t seem to do much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you loose the little collar washer that goes between the recoil housing and the chain brake handle?

I was installing it without it since I haven’t put on the brake handle.

Is the crank centered in the case? There’s a shiney mark on the end of the crank shaft it could be hitting the screw in the pull start.?

You have the correct screw in the pull start?

I fixed the problem. I put a new flywheel on it and it fixed it. Thanks everyone for the input.

Huh I’m confused still what ended up being wrong with old one, Was there anything visible? Don’t just throw it away if u can’t see the reason. Maybe still good. Maybe just wasn’t torqued tight enough. I sheared a key recently with one that wasn’t torqued tight enough.

I had it torqued down and I even had it off several times and it wouldn’t work. I guess the pawls were bent.

Latest posts

Back