• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 390xp - $490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sld961

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Husqvarna 390xp. I just bought it to flip it, so I don't know the history. Previous owner said he just had it to the dealer and they put a new carb on it.

Clean machine overall. 150psi. Runs and cuts. Chain brake works, but return spring is broke or disconnected. Crack in clutch cover. Minor scoring on piston, looks like they ingested something at some point. I think the fuel tank vent needs replaced, I smell fuel when saw is turned on side.

It appears that a tree may have been dropped on it at some point. There are some broken fins and a small crack near the chain brake.

Look at pictures and let me know if you would like any more details pics or have any questions.

Looking to get $450 plus shipping. I have a 20" b/c that could be sold for an agreed price.

Edit: I got a new starter decal.
y5a5u9un.jpg

vy6yhesy.jpg
duvutyby.jpg
sy4yryga.jpg
zaze8u7y.jpg
anudu4ug.jpg
5ugy7e6y.jpg
ysy3yzy8.jpg
vavy7ezy.jpg
6y2udapu.jpg
huhegata.jpg
ygudamem.jpg
y2esy2a8.jpg
juvaja2e.jpg
y5yjape8.jpg
una4usah.jpg
putemeba.jpg
zy4a4avu.jpg
u6e7e5a8.jpg

GLWS
I am not knocking the saw but..
With that many fins broken off of the cylinder-6 total form what I see in the pictures, does that affect cooling of the cylinder to the point of being harmful? Thanks no harm intended only trying to gain some knowledge.

GLWS
I am not knocking the saw but..
With that many fins broken off of the cylinder-6 total form what I see in the pictures, does that affect cooling of the cylinder to the point of being harmful? Thanks no harm intended only trying to gain some knowledge.
I did research on that before I listed it. From what I read, it won't be an issue because 1) there are still lots of fins left and 2) the air injection pulls fresh air in and cools, so the missing fins aren't critical.

I don't think it will be a issue (the fins) for recreational use, firewooding, felling. However burying it in wood for a long period of time such as stumping or milling might be out of the question. sld961 might have a better idea of if it can be used for stumping or milling, but it's a little small to mill in the first place. I'm not interested but figured I'd throw in my .02

Bump. Got the starter decal. Are the fins scaring people away? Price? Make me some offers, I won't be offended.

I don't think it does but I'm not familiar with husqvarna. Does it have the side chain tensioner screw or is it in between the bar and case?

I had a similar experience with a 390XP, people hated the squish marks all over it so i nearly had to give it away... But in saying that, honesty is the best policy, you could have dressed it up and had it sold by now, but you didn't so it says a lot about your character...

Attachments

• WP_000013.jpg
    WP_000013.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 43
Husqvarna 390xp. I just bought it to flip it, so I don't know the history. Previous owner said he just had it to the dealer and they put a new carb on it.

Clean machine overall. 150psi. Runs and cuts. Chain brake works, but return spring is broke or disconnected. Crack in clutch cover. Minor scoring on piston, looks like they ingested something at some point. I think the fuel tank vent needs replaced, I smell fuel when saw is turned on side.

It appears that a tree may have been dropped on it at some point. There are some broken fins and a small crack near the chain brake.

Look at pictures and let me know if you would like any more details pics or have any questions.

Looking to get $450 plus shipping. I have a 20" b/c that could be sold for an agreed price.

Edit: I got a new starter decal.
y5a5u9un.jpg

vy6yhesy.jpg
duvutyby.jpg
sy4yryga.jpg
zaze8u7y.jpg
anudu4ug.jpg
5ugy7e6y.jpg
ysy3yzy8.jpg
vavy7ezy.jpg
6y2udapu.jpg
huhegata.jpg